Regnum Christi/Legion of Christ is currently accepting applications from qualified individuals for the position of Development Officer to work in the Atlanta area.
Reporting to the Atlanta Director of Development, and working closely with the Territory Development Director, fundraising team and other key support individuals and groups, the Development Officer plays a hands-on role in the full spectrum of daily operations – donor cultivation, fundraising events, outreach projects, and support of marketing and communication efforts, and does what it takes for Regnum Christi to achieve its evangelization and development goals in the service of the Catholic Church.
If you have (a) a passion for benefactor cultivation and fundraising work that directly enables young men the opportunity to discern their vocation as Catholic priests, and results in a myriad of men and women coming to know and serve Christ; (b) have natural talents for organizing and follow-through; and (c) enjoy a self-starter work environment, then this job may be for you.
• Secure gifts and raise funds to accomplish assigned goals through the Identification, Cultivation, Solicitation and Stewardship of benefactors
• Secure new planned gifts using means appropriate to each benefactor’s preferences, values and circumstances.
• Effectively cultivate prospective benefactors through personal engagement and education about the Legion of Christ/Regnum Christi Movement.
• Build awareness, consensus and teamwork with Legionaries, Regnum Christi Consecrated Women and lay Regnum Christi members within the Atlanta locality to achieve effective fundraising consistent with the evangelizing mission of the Regnum Christi and the Catholic Church
• Execute fundraising campaigns and events (e.g. the RC Gala) as needed throughout the year.
• Stay abreast and be well versed in Regnum Christi’s mission efforts in order to communicate our successes, needs and ongoing evangelizing efforts to potential benefactors.
• Accurately update and maintain database of donor information and activity
• Attend regular development team calls and meetings, training sessions and travel for bi-annual national team meetings.
• Meet or Exceed all established Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Core Value metrics.
• Accompany benefactors in their spiritual journey by sharing your faith and love for Christ and serving His Church.
• Proven ability to work well within a team
• Self-motivated and results-oriented
• Passionate about mentoring
• Flexible, ability to adapt to change and shifting priorities and to work simultaneously on a variety of complex projects
• Friendly, patient and a good listener
• Positive, solutions-based attitude
• Contribute to positive culture of organization
• Desire to learn, grow and be coached
Benefits: Generous paid time-off: holidays, vacation, personal and sick time, full employee and family healthcare coverage, and excellent 401(k) retirement savings benefits.
Regnum Christi is an organization full of great people working to achieve the Catholic Church’s modern evangelizing mission. Come join us!
For a complete job description and to apply, interested qualified candidates must go to: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/All/5df70240-e846-453d-b87a-fc476b0bfad7/The-Legion-of-Christ-Incorporated
Please include (a) a meaningful cover letter; (b) wage expectations; and (c) resume.