Human Resources Manager
EWTN Birmingham (Irondale), AL; not remote eligible
Human Resources Manager
Location: Birmingham (Irondale), AL; not remote eligible
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT THE BIG PICTURE:
EWTN is a growing non-profit that embodies a culture of faith, family, and hard work. We firmly believe that our employees are the heart of our organization and are seeking an experienced Human Resources Manager to join our team to help foster a welcoming work environment rooted in Christian values!
You will play a pivotal role in shaping our organization's culture. Your expertise in human resources practices will help to guide employees and managers towards greater productivity, teamwork and growth.
Join us on this rewarding journey where faith and professional growth converge. Apply today and help us build a flourishing work culture to help us fulfill our goal of bringing the Eternal Word to millions around the globe!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Partner with the HR team to administer HR policies, procedures, and programs that create a welcoming, faith-centered culture, boosting morale, productivity, and retention.
• Provide coaching and guidance to managers on handling employee issues, offering support for improving relations, conflict resolution, and performance management.
• Collaborate on workforce planning and discuss staffing needs, review job descriptions, conduct interviews, and provide hiring guidance to managers.
• Administer the performance review process, create improvement plans, and conduct meetings to enforce and support a fair and productive work environment.
• Ensure compliance with employment laws, analyze trends, and provide recommendations to enhance our practices.
• You have at least 5-7 years of experience in HR at the Generalist/Manager level.
• You possess a strong understanding of employment laws and regulations, staying updated with changes and trends.
• You are skilled in workforce planning, recruiting, and employee relations and are passionate about providing coaching and training to managers and employees to foster growth.
• You are proficient in using HRIS systems, preferably UltiPro, to retrieve data and generate reports.
• Your exceptional relationship-building, communication, and interpersonal skills enable you to handle difficult situations with tact and diplomacy.
• You hold a high level of integrity and prioritize confidentiality in all aspects of your work.
• As a practicing Catholic, you are deeply aligned with the mission of EWTN and are passionate about serving others!
• SHRM certification strongly preferred.
• Experience working for a non-profit.
• Experience developing training programs and/or delivering training to employees.
• Bilingual (Spanish) helpful, but not required.
• Undergraduate degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business, or related field.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT WORKING HERE:
• We offer a career with purpose! Apply your God-given talents, knowing your contributions help advance EWTN’s mission.
• Family-oriented work environment. We value the importance of work/life balance, and welcome you as a EWTN family member, not just an employee.
• Worship at work! Freedom to participate in Mass, Adoration, and prayer throughout your workday.
• Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Life/Disability and Retirement Savings Plan, as well as salary increases, bonuses and Family gifts.
• 11 Paid Holidays and generous Paid Time Off program.
• Tuition reimbursement for continuing education and degree programs through Catholic Distance University.
• Potential for flexible hours and telecommuting dependent on department needs.
• Ability to learn alongside legacy employees while bringing new ideas to the growing team!
WHAT TO DO NEXT:
If you’re ready to get started, please email a cover leter, resume and your salary expectations to [email protected]. Thank you for considering EWTN and we look forward to hearing from you!