EWTN - Washington, D.C.
Full-time, onsite in Washington, D.C. Not remote-eligible.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT THE BIG PICTURE:
As the Executive Producer, you will work with the Executive Editor of EWTN News on the overall editorial vision for the daily newscast to be produced to the highest professional standards and with content consistent with Catholic teaching.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Direct the daily editorial decision-making and show production; ensure editorial content meets EWTN News standards and practices.
• Work with the Executive Editor of News to develop long-term strategies and planning for continued growth and enrichment of the newscast.
• Enterprise story ideas and original content focused on hard news stories of interest to a Catholic audience.
• Supervise newsroom managers and staff; serve as mentor to develop performance and ensure the highest quality production possible.
• Help newsroom staff to source and pitch story ideas.
• Approve show content including reporter packages for consideration on potentially controversial and sensitive topics.
• Attend and participate in morning ENN conference calls.
• Work with Senior Producer and the social media team to approve social media content.
● You have 10+ years of prior experience working in TV broadcast news, producing newscasts in medium or large markets.
● You possess 5-7 years of prior experience in a management role, preferably in a newsroom environment.
● You are a practicing Roman Catholic in good standing, devoted to the faith, loyal to the magisterium and possessing a thorough knowledge of the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church and how it relates to the programming goals of EWTN News and News Nightly.
● You have experience in field production, package production, and religious programming.
● You have solid news judgement and demonstrated meticulous level of attention to detail.
● You have the ability to tell a story and engage viewers using graphics and other elements visually and creatively.
● You have experience utilizing broadcast software programs (i.e., Avid, ENPS).
● You possess excellent broadcast writing skills.
● You exhibit excellent communication, active listening, and interpersonal skills.
● You have the ability to collaborate easily within a team, work well independently, and manage staff on-site and remotely.
● You are able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends/nights when required; flexibility to travel domestically and internationally when needed based on breaking news.
● You hold a bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, or related field; advanced degrees in a related field is preferred.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT WORKING HERE:
• We offer a career with purpose! Apply your God-given talents, knowing your contributions help advance EWTN’s mission of sharing the Gospel with the world.
• Family-oriented working environment. We value the importance of work/life balance, and welcome you as an EWTN family member, not just an employee.
• Worship at work! Freedom to participate in daily Mass, Adoration, and prayer throughout your workday.
• Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Life/Disability insurance and Retirement Savings Plan.
• 11 Paid Holidays and generous Paid Time Off program.
• Tuition reimbursement for online continuing education and degree programs through our partnership with Catholic Distance University.
• Ability to learn alongside legacy employees while bringing new ideas to the growing team!
WHAT TO DO NEXT:
If you’re ready to get started on EWTN’s mission to bring the Gospel to the world, please email a cover letter, resume and your salary expectations to [email protected]. Thank you for considering EWTN and we look forward to hearing from you!