EWTN - Full-time, onsite in Washington, D.C. Not remote-eligible.
Full-time, onsite in Washington, D.C. Not remote-eligible.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT THE BIG PICTURE:
As the Segment Producer, you will work with the EWTN News Nightly Team, including the Anchor and Producers to produce lively discussion segments that enrich our nightly newscast and are of interest to our audience.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Produce discussion segments on national/international news and issues from a Catholic perspective, identify original content that would make for interesting discussion segments.
• Identify potential guests that highlight and explain key issues for our audience work with Booker/Planning Editor to confirm guest appearances.
• Develop, nurture, and utilize professional network of potential guests, press contacts, Congressional staff, and Catholic contacts; maintain database of contact details.
• Serve as back up to Host show guests while visiting in-studio.
• Pitch guest and content ideas to ENN editorial team during daily planning meetings.
• Stay informed of upcoming events, hearings, press conferences, and seminars in the Washington, D.C. area that may make for compelling segments.
• Review and pull video for discussion segments; visualize and order graphics for discussion segments.
• You have a minimum of two to three years of experience in a Newsroom environment.
• You are a practicing Catholic with demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to the faith and EWTN’s mission, including how it relates to stories being covered.
• You are able to break down complex information into simple, broadcast language and engage viewers using graphics and video during discussion segments.
• You possess excellent organizational and time management skills with a meticulous level of attention to detail.
• You have exceptional writing and interpersonal skills, to include verbal, written, and active listening necessary to represent EWTN in a professional and engaging manner.
• You have a solid understanding of the newscast’s focus and guests/stories that would interest our audience.
• You demonstrate a collaborative nature; are able to work successfully within a team, independently, and with remote team members.
• You can efficiently conduct online research to identify guests and confirm content details in support of team coverage.
• You possess intermediate to advanced level computer skills using Microsoft products and AP news software (ENPS preferred).
• You demonstrate good news judgment.
• You hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, Political Science, or related field.
• You are able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends/nights when required.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT WORKING HERE:
• We offer a career with purpose! Apply your God-given talents, knowing your contributions help advance EWTN’s mission of sharing the Gospel with the world.
• Family-oriented working environment. We value the importance of work/life balance, and welcome you as an EWTN family member, not just an employee.
• Worship at work! Freedom to participate in daily Mass, Adoration, and prayer throughout your workday.
• Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Life/Disability insurance and Retirement Savings Plan.
• 11 Paid Holidays and generous Paid Time Off program.
• Tuition reimbursement for online continuing education and degree programs through our partnership with Catholic Distance University.
• Ability to learn alongside legacy employees while bringing new ideas to the growing team!
WHAT TO DO NEXT:
If you’re ready to get started on EWTN’s mission to bring the Gospel to the world, please email a cover letter, resume and your salary expectations to [email protected]. Thank you for considering EWTN and we look forward to hearing from you!