EWTN - Location: Washington, D.C. (Hybrid remote)
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT THE BIG PICTURE:
As the Operations Manager, you will assist in the assessment and improvement of operational systems and processes for the National Catholic Register (NCR), Catholic News Agency (CNA) and ACI Prensa and all their platforms: newspaper, website, radio, and other digital assets. You’ll provide recommendations on team workflow and technology needs, assist with contracts and budget planning, and manage relationships with vendors and contractors, directly streamlining operational efficiencies across teams.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Organize and coordinate operations to ensure the NCR, CNA, and ACI team’s efficiency, productivity, and effectiveness.
• Work with managers/editors to assess and improve operational management, systems and processes; identify and address problems and opportunities; propose and implement solutions, best practices and training.
• Manage relationships with vendors and contractors, including researching, negotiating and implementing rates/pricing, terms and contracts.
• Assist managers and editors in workflow management for various platforms.
• Evaluate and coordinates team’s use of adequate and suitable technology and other practical resources to complete activities.
• Assist in preparation of annual budgets, review financial reports, and coordinate with team to meet budget expectations.
• Oversee coordination of staff travel, annual meetings, conferences and EWTN Family Celebration.
• Manage special projects as assigned by the Executive Director, i.e. brand redesign, archiving etc.
• You have a minimum of 5 years of experience in operations, business management, project management or relevant role, preferably in mass media related field.
• You have experience developing workflows, improving systems/processes, working with contracts, and budget planning.
• You possess excellent organizational, project management and communication skills.
• You demonstrate a proven ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, with successful results.
• You are competent in your decision-making skills and respond to high-pressure situations.
• You are able to build relationships and collaborate successfully within a team environment.
• You are a practicing Catholic, with an affinity for EWTN’s mission.
• You hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Journalism, Liberal Arts or other related field.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT WORKING HERE:
• We offer a career with purpose! Apply your God-given talents, knowing your contributions help advance EWTN’s mission of sharing the Gospel with the world.
• Family-oriented working environment. We value the importance of work/life balance, and welcome you as an EWTN family member, not just an employee.
• Worship at work! Freedom to participate in daily Mass, Adoration, and prayer throughout your workday.
• Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Life/Disability insurance and Retirement Savings Plan.
• 11 Paid Holidays and generous Paid Time Off program.
• Tuition reimbursement for online continuing education and degree programs through our partnership with Catholic Distance University.
• Potential for flexible hours and telecommuting may be possible dependent upon the position and department needs.
• Ability to learn alongside legacy employees while bringing new ideas to the growing team!
WHAT TO DO NEXT:
If you’re ready to get started on EWTN’s mission to bring the Gospel to the world, please email a cover letter, resume and your salary expectations to [email protected]. Thank you for considering EWTN and we look forward to hearing from you!