Our Development Team is expanding under the direction of the Chief of Development (COD) for Regnum Christi in the North American Territory. Under the supervision of the Chief of Staff (COS), and reporting directly to the COS, the Development Specialist (DS) will have the ability to manage and work with data for fundraising and Major Donor cultivation.
S/he will also research and recommend strategies for new prospects as well as new opportunities with existing donors and prospects, with a prioritized focus on supporting the Director of Development with Major Gifts and coordinating the Major Gifts Task Force (MGTF) to include research support as well as personal follow up and recognition of this audience.
• Ability to manage data and data quality for MGTF and COS
• Create donor reports
• View data from a fundraising lens
• Identify prospects (current donors and prospects candidates)
• Knowledge of iwave (preferred)
Major Gifts Task Force
• Coordinates the MGTF
• Supports Development Officers (DOs) in relation to their MG prospects
• Helps create a solicitation strategy
• Works with DOs to highlight what MG program can accomplish and what each team member’s role will be
• Evaluates results
Working with Development Officers (DOs) and Senior Team Leaders
• Conducts research on prospects and prepares briefing materials for the Development Team and Regnum Christi Senior Leaders
• Directly interacts with DOs managing research needs for DO trips as well as proactively coordinating calendars according to research findings as it relates to major donors
• Creates Major Donor presentations as needed
• Assesses capacity, specific interests in the Church, philanthropy in general and relationships to identify and qualify new prospective donors and assesses new opportunities with existing donors, through the following avenues:
o Prospects suggested by staff and volunteers; also identifies/maps relationships of volunteers and deeply engaged donors for the purpose of identifying new prospects
o Conducts and manages wealth and philanthropy screenings to identify those with potential to make major gifts – internal to Regnum Christi as well as within the Catholic Church and other external sources.
o Identifies potential foundation prospects from external sources
• Supports cross channel fundraising analysis and completion of reporting
• Fosters cohesiveness within the development team by being support in specialist role in the major gifts task force
• Additional special projects as needed by the COS
• Bachelor's degree
• 3+ years experience in Prospect Research, experience with targeted Google searches, Foundation Directory Online.
• Experience working with donor database (Salesforce CRM preferred)
• Capacity to synthesize large volumes of information, find the details relevant to fundraising, present findings, recommendations
• Power through challenges
• Computer skills
• Experience visualizing data for reports in a tool such as PowerBI
• Strong Communication and Writing Skills
• Customer service orientation
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Understanding of Regnum Christi
• Ideally a practicing Catholic or openness to the Catholic faith
• Position based in Atlanta, GA.
The Legionaries of Christ seeks a results-oriented individual with documented successful gift planning experience to join its development team as the Associate Director of Planned Giving (ADPG). The ADPG will manage a portfolio of planned giving prospects and take a leadership role in developing and implementing strategies to cultivate strong relationships and secure philanthropic gifts.
• Identify, cultivate, educate, solicit, and steward gift-planning prospects in collaboration with other development staff and/or Regnum Christi members.
• Prepare and present gift planning proposals to donors. Collaborate and strategize with locality leadership and RC members to maximize inclusion of planned giving options.
• Maintain expertise in tax, investment and legal aspects of charitable giving, and articulate this information effectively to donors and their advisors. Work with donors, their advisors and staff in drafting gift agreements.
• Coordinate activities with Development Officers to assure the proper level of cultivation and follow-up is applied in a donor centric manner.
• Presentations in small group gatherings.
• Five or more years’ experience in gift planning or a combination of five to ten years in gift planning, estate law, finance or trust services.
• Technical knowledge of gift, estate and financial planning, as well as various planning options including outright gifts, securities, insurance, real estate, and gifts in kind is preferred.
• Deep knowledge and broad field experience in working with Catholic major donors.
• Superior writing and presentation skills and the ability to serve as an enthusiastic and persuasive advocate for Regnum Christi and the Legionaries of Christ.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• This position requires occasional evening and weekend work and travel outside the state.
• Travel requirement is one to two weeks per month.
• Salary will be commensurate with experience for the professional who is motivated and highly skilled.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Five+ years experience in gift planning or combination of five to ten years in gift planning, estate law, finance or trust services.
• Proven track record of creativity, integrity and initiative.
• Technical knowledge of gift, estate and financial planning, and various planning options including outright gifts, securities, insurance, real estate, and gifts in kind is preferred.
• Deep knowledge in working with Catholic major donors.
• Writing and presentation skills
• Ability to serve as enthusiastic and persuasive advocate for Regnum Christi and the Legionaries of Christ.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Occasional evening and weekend work and travel outside the state.
• Travel requirement is one to two weeks per month.
This position is based in either the headquarters in Roswell, GA or at the LC seminary in Cheshire, CT and reports directly to the Director of Planned Giving of the Legionaries of Christ.
• Must fully embrace the evangelizing mission of Regnum Christi, the Legion of Christ in North America, and the Catholic Church
• Compensation: DOE
• Benefits: Paid time-off, healthcare and retirement savings benefits
• With Associate Director of Planning Giving in the subject line, qualified individuals should email: (a) a meaningful cover letter; (b) wage expectations; and (c) resume to email@example.com.
VICE PRESIDENT FOR ACADEMIC AFFAIRS
Mount Marty College, which will become Mount Marty University as of July 1, 2020, invites applications, nominations and inquiries for the position of Vice President for Academic Affairs (VPAA).
Mount Marty is a Catholic Benedictine institution founded in 1936 by the Benedictine Sisters of Yankton, South Dakota. In keeping with the Benedictine tradition, Mount Marty exists as a community of learners, a tradition that embraces students of all faiths. Primary emphasis is placed on the development of each person as a complete human being with intellectual competence, professional and personal skills, and a composite of moral, spiritual, and social values. Mount Marty’s main campus is in Yankton, SD, with additional locations in Watertown, SD, and Sioux Falls, SD.
The VPAA is the chief academic officer and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to manage growth, build community, and support the University’s mission of holistic student development. It is an exciting time of transformation at Mount Marty and the VPAA position presents an exceptional leadership opportunity to advance the momentum of the institution.
More information about the VPAA role, position requirements, and Mount Marty can be found in the position profile in the Open Searches section of the Academic Search website: https://apptrkr.com/1829892.
The search is being assisted by Academic Search, Inc. Nominations, applications, and inquiries can be sent to: MountMartyVPAA@academicsearch.org. The position will remain open until filled, but only applications received by March 31, 2020 can be assured full consideration.
For a confidential discussion of this position prior to applying or nominating, please contact Senior Consultants Dr. Pamela M. Balch at firstname.lastname@example.org and (304) 678-7797 or Dr. Stuart Dorsey at Stuart.Dorsey@academicsearch.org and (830) 305-6291.
Mount Marty College is an EEO employer.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide insightful, creative, faith-minded writing on a regular basis in a variety of formats.
• Research, write, and execute marketing and fundraising tools, achieving the highest level of quality and ensuring consistency with corporate identity, brand messaging and Cross-Style handbook.
o Write promotional, advertising and fundraising material as required.
o Write weekly blogs, website material and social media material as required.
o Write letters, scripts, speeches and editorials for staff members as required.
• Meet deadlines for assignments as required.
• Select photos and other pertinent material to enhance writing. Work with graphic artists to create effective marketing material as required.
• Engage in on-going research on global issues related to Cross, Christianity, poverty, etc. for Cross’ websites.
• Conduct interviews with Cross ministry partners and beneficiaries to gather fodder and human interest stories.
• After traveling, write and file Harvested Stories and Trip Notes in the library in a timely matter.
• Provide support to all departments to ensure that all material reflects cohesive & consistent “voice” of Cross.
• Proof and edit all of own written communications.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
• Catalog photos in Photobase with keywords, captions and descriptions
• Perform other duties as assigned
Educational or Certification Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or Communications. Marketing and/or non-profit organization experience is a plus and strongly desired, but not required for this role.
• At least 3 years of experience in professional writing
• Experience writing promotional or marketing copy
• Experience writing for the web
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and take on multiple tasks
• Ability to work with minimum supervision
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required/Preferred:
• Knowledge/familiarity with the teachings and values of the Catholic Church
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Interviewing and reporting skills
• Strong proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat Pro
• Must be able handle deadlines under pressure and prioritize accordingly
• Working knowledge of Adobe InDesign and Photoshop a plus
• Must have a keen eye for detail
• Candidate must demonstrate time management skills
• Possess a positive, service-oriented attitude and be a proven team player
• Ability and experience in using a DSLR camera to capture photography preferred
• Bilingual preferred; at a minimum, the ability to understand and to make oneself understood to all Spanish, Creole or French speaking individuals
• Ability and willingness to travel internationally
Please include a cover letter detailing your Christian background
Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Regnum Christi/Legion of Christ is currently accepting applications from qualified individuals for the position of Development Coordinator to be able to work in the Houston, Texas area.
Working closely with the Territory Development Director, fundraising team and other key support individuals/groups, the Development Coordinator plays a part-time hands-on role in the full spectrum of daily operations - fundraising events, outreach projects, and support of marketing and communication efforts, and does what it takes for Regnum Christi to achieve its evangelization and development goals in the service of the Catholic Church.
If you have (a) a passion for doing high-quality planning, facilitating, and supporting of work that directly enables young men the opportunity to discern their vocation as Catholic priests, and results in a myriad of men and women coming to know and serve Christ; (b) have natural talents for organizing and follow-through; and (c) enjoy a self-starter work environment, then this job may be for you.
The Development Coordinator role has dual reporting both to the Locality and the Territory as follows:
1) Local: To the Regnum Christi Locality Director
2) Territory: To the Director of Development for Regnum Christi/Legion of Christ, North American Territory
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Build awareness, consensus and teamwork with designated Legionaries, Regnum Christi Consecrated Women and lay Regnum Christi members to achieve effective fundraising consistent with the evangelizing mission of the Regnum Christi and the Catholic Church
• Help set realistic annual goals and implement the annual plan for locality fundraising
• Facilitate the annual fundraising campaign for the locality
• Strengthen relationships with current and future donors in the locality through…
§ Supporting and coordinating the fundraising efforts/activities of designated Legionaries and/or RC Consecrated Women
§ Personal contact and relationship management that increases generosity and furthers the RC mission of forming apostles
• Pre-planning for multiple campaigns and events
• Collaborate with marketing for designing and provisioning marketing pieces
• Attend local event planning meetings
• Help to organize fundraising events assigned by the Locality Committee
• Organize and supervise event volunteers for event planning, staging and production
• Attend 2-3 National Development team meetings annually (Travel required)
• Participate in Local Development training/workshops
• Maintain annual fundraising calendar and scheduling of visits with benefactors
• Maintain benefactor information in the CRM/database and run queries
• Oversee and maintain the locality web site and local marketing outreach
• Prepare and update various fundraising reports
• Help at peak times in mailing projects as cards and special cultivation letters
• Compensation: DOE
• Benefits: Paid time-off and retirement savings benefits
• Work Environment: In Houston, TX working with great people in achieving the Catholic Church’s modern evangelizing mission!
• With Development Coordinator in the subject line, qualified individuals should email: (a) a meaningful cover letter; (b) wage expectations; and (c) resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a complete job description, preferred qualifications, and application instructions please go to www.CatholicJobs.com Job #3425140220