NCRegister.com Job Directory
Looking for a new job? Our Job Directory is a great source for Catholic-friendly employment. Use the search function below to find exactly what you’re looking for. And if you’re an employer, posting a recruitment ad is easy! Simply click on “Submit a New Ad” above, and follow the instructions.
Vice President for External Affairs
Sacred Heart Seminary and School of Theology
The Vice President for External Affairs is a full time employee of Sacred Heart Seminary and School of Theology (SHSST) responsible for the promotion of the institution, recruitment of seminarians/students, and coordination of the admission process of the applicants. This position reports directly to the President-Rector, and supervises the Director of Communications, the Assistant to the Director of Communications and Recruitment, and the Administrative Assistant for Admissions. Excellent organization, communication and planning skills are required. A master degree level in communications or equivalent with experience in Catholic Church ministry, or a master degree level in Theology or equivalent with experience in communications is required. Ability to communicate in Spanish is preferable. Applicant must be a practicing Roman Catholic in good standing.
Human Resources Manager
EWTN Global Catholic Network
Want to make a difference using your God-given talent? EWTN Global Catholic Network is the largest religious media network in the world transmitting programming 24 hours a day to more than 230 million homes in 144 countries and territories.
The HR Manager will be responsible for assisting the VP of Human Resources in executing operational processes related to human resources activities in compliance with company policies and procedures, as well as with local laws and regulations. Supports the headquarters and field personnel in the areas of talent acquisition, workforce planning, employee relations, performance management, talent development, salary administration and other initiatives to increase organizational effectiveness and foster a positive work environment.
- Works with the VP of HR to foster a positive work environment that reflects the values of EWTN and inspires high performance, engagement and collaboration.
- Interacts with managers and employees on employment related issues, providing coaching and guidance to facilitate positive outcomes while mitigating legal risks.
- Assists in the design, planning and implementation of policies and programs. Continually reviews and recommends improvements to processes for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Effectively manages change in the organization aligned with the network mission.
- Implements performance management initiatives and provides guidance on talent development.
- Talent Acquisition: Collaborates with hiring managers to determine needs, review job descriptions, outline success profiles and determine recruiting strategy. Sources candidates through a variety of mediums including internet, referrals, networking, colleges, etc. Screens, evaluates and interviews applicants. Develops candidate evaluation forms and obtains feedback from interviewers. Trains and coaches managers on recruiting and hiring practices.
- Supervises Benefit Specialist to ensure compliance with all laws and a high level of service to support the organization. Works with Payroll & Benefits staff to facilitate leave of absences and ensure compliance with FMLA.
- Participates and leads HR team initiatives and other duties as assigned.
- Travels to field offices as necessary (minimal).
- Education: Undergraduate degree in Human Resources, Psychology, Business, or related field. PHR/SPHR certification preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience in HR at the Generalist/Manager level with proven ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Must be well versed in employment laws and regulations.
- Strong relationship building skills with the ability to inspire confidence and trust.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer service orientation and strong problem-solving skills. Ability to handle difficult situations in a calm and professional manner.
- A high level of integrity with attention and care given to confidentiality.
- Experience with current recruiting strategies and tools, i.e. LinkedIn, social media tools, job boards, etc.
- Conversant in principles of performance management and progressive discipline.
- A team player and true business partner with all levels in the organization.
- Positive, highly motivated and organized individual with good time management skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point) and knowledge of HRIS systems (ADP preferred).
- Ability to travel (approximately 15%)
- Practicing Catholic with commitment to the mission of Eternal Word Television Network (EWTN).
- 5 - 7 years of progressive experience in Human Resources, including supervisory experience, and experience in non-profit helpful.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working with ADP HRIS.
- Bilingual (Spanish) would be helpful, but not required.
Full Time Theology Faculty Member
St. John Vianney Theological Seminary, Denver, Colorado
Applications are invited for full-time faculty positions in Systematic Theology, Pastoral Theology, or Spiritual Theology to begin in the fall of 2015. Applicants must have earned a doctoral degree in Sacred Theology; an ecclesiastical degree is the preference. Applicants must be prepared to teach core and elective courses. Applicants must also be willing to make a profession of the Catholic Faith, to take the Oath of Fidelity, and work collegially. Verifiable, successful teaching experience of graduate level Theology is preferred. Dedication to the intellectual formation of seminarians is required. Rank and salary will be commensurate with other similar institutions and will be specifically negotiated at the time of hiring. SJV does not have tenure.
Applications must be received no later than June 15th, 2015.
Director of Communications and Administrative Services
Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary, U.S.-Ontario Province
The Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary, U.S.-Ontario Province, is an international congregation of Catholic Sisters and Associates dedicated to the full development of the human person through education, social justice, contemplation, and the arts.
We are currently recruiting for a Director of Communications and Administrative Services. This is a key management position located at our Province headquarters near Portland, Oregon.
This position supports the ministry of the U.S.-Ontario Province of the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary by ensuring excellent communications for both internal and external audiences. Responsive to the priorities of the Province Leadership Team, the Director provides vision and leadership for internal and external Province communications, website development, and public relations. In collaboration with Province Leadership, the position supports development office work and other departmental print and electronic media needs. This position manages the Communications and Administrative Services staff; monitors and maintains relationships with vendors and contractors; and ensures coordination of technology infrastructure projects.
Good Shepherd Catholic Church
Good Shepherd Catholic School, 2626 E. 7th Avenue Parkway, Denver, CO, 80206, announces it is now accepting applications for the position of Principal. The qualified applicant must be a practicing member of the Roman Catholic faith, have a Master’s Degree with at least 20 hours in educational administration, and a minimum of five years’ teaching experience in a Catholic School. Administration experience is desired but not required.
Located near downtown Denver Good Shepherd Catholic School has a current enrollment of 447 students in grades Preschool through 8th Grade. Good Shepherd Catholic School is led by a principal with the assistance of a vice principal. There are currently 32 teachers, 17 assistants, and approximately 21 additional support staff, including a school counselor, reading and math specialists, athletic director, administrative assistant, office manager, secretary, enrollment and communication specialists, IT specialists, lunchroom manager, and maintenance workers. Additional support is provided by the parish business manager and a school bookkeeper.
Good Shepherd Catholic School features a traditional Preschool and Pre-K program; a Montessori learning track for Preschool through 2nd grade; a traditional elementary school for students in Kindergarten through 5th grade; and a middle school. The school also offers “Little Angels,” a stand-alone Preschool and Pre-K program for three and four year olds who will not track into the school’s kindergarten classes.
Good Shepherd is proud to offer an exceptional Catholic education focused on academic excellence, Catholic faith formation, extraordinary educational attention, dynamic extracurricular opportunities, and a nurturing community.
Good Shepherd Catholic School is in compliance with the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title VI, Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Race, Color or National Origin in Programs and Activities, Title VII, Nondiscrimination in Employment Practices and with the Education Amendments of 1972 and Title IX, Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Sex.
Vice President of Enrollment Management
Walsh University seeks Vice President of Enrollment Management
Walsh University in North Canton, Ohio, a 3,000 student committed Catholic University, seeks a Vice President of Enrollment Management. This person will oversee undergraduate, graduate, and adult admissions operations, as well as financial aid.
Though Walsh University is about 60% Catholic, the mission and vision are the pivotal elements of this Newman Society sanctioned university. Faithfulness to our Catholic identity is a dominant branding factor. It is the only four-year Catholic university in the Northeast Ohio-Youngstown diocese.
The successful candidate needs a M.A., must have at least 3 years of higher education admissions experience, and must be a practicing Catholic. This position is seen as crucial to the legacy and identity of Walsh. Though inviting and welcoming to all, the Catholic culture prevails.
Vice President for Marketing and Communication
Loyola University New Orleans
Loyola University New Orleans seeks a dynamic and experienced Vice President for Marketing and Communication to join this century-old Jesuit university whose mission is to educate students to lead meaningful lives with and for others; to pursue truth, wisdom, and virtue; and to work for a more just world.
Serving as the University’s chief strategist on marketing and communication and chief external spokesperson, the Vice President for Marketing and Communication will establish Loyola’s first comprehensive marketing operation. With particular focus on positioning the University for enrollment growth and increased visibility in the region and nationally, the Vice President will focus on developing a comprehensive strategy for marketing and communication including work with both print and electronic resources. The Vice President partners with members of the University’s leadership team including Cabinet members and academic deans to achieve institutional revenue targets and meet enrollment goals through brand-building strategies and effective communication.
The Vice President will be a leader of vision, energy, and creativity with strong management and supervisory skills and the ability to bring together a team of professionals to staff a coordinated marketing and communication operation for the University and offer a record of managerial and creative success in marketing and communication in a comparable field. At least 10 years of progressively responsible experience in the field of marketing and communication is required.
Associate Producer / The World Over
EWTN, Washington DC
TITLE: Associate Producer / The World Over
REPORTS TO: Senior Producer
LOCATION: Washington, D.C.
FLSA STATUS/TYPE: Full Time Exempt
GENERAL SUMMARY: A motivated, sharp thinker who can work with the Executive and Senior Producers to frame segments and shape the content of the overall show. Candidates should have strong news judgment, broadcast news experience, an understanding of the EWTN audience, and superior communication skills.
- Booking top flight culture and news makers for the weekly program.
- Identifying original research and assembling packets for guest segments. Each packet includes: a basic guest bio, guest's point of view, data pertinent to the discussion, and any articles that shed light on a particular topic to be raised.
- Pulling video for segment roll-ins that would further the conversation or raise key questions.
- Alerting Senior Producer and EP to upcoming events, hearings, press conferences, and symposia that might make for compelling segments.
- Works with Birmingham based Producer on overall program production related activities associated with proper completion of the production or series
- Supports Producer in coordinating schedule with talent and all transportation and housing requirements
- Secures performance releases and copyright clearances as required by that specific production
- Maintains information files and assists Producer with segment and program by providing information to Programming and Marketing Departments as required
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in broadcast/cable TV production/programming or a related visual arts field.
- Demonstrated leadership.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Strong attention to detail and follow through
- Ability to travel and work a flexible schedule when required.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Catholic Faith, the Magisterium, and how they relate to the programming goals of the network.
- Affinity for the mission of Eternal Word Television Network (EWTN).
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or equivalent.
Company benefits include holidays, health and dental insurance, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, flexible benefit plan, voluntary life plan, voluntary vision plan and 403(b) with company match.
St. Benedict Elementary, Boston MA
A Classical Education
St. Benedict Elementary, an independent K-6 school in the classical Catholic tradition located 30 minutes west of Boston, is seeking to build its talented faculty for the 2014-15 academic year. Celebrating its inauguration in September 2013, SBE strives to cultivate intellectual and moral virtue in the pursuit of academic excellence, in a joyful and faithful Catholic environment. Visit www.stbenedictelementary.com to learn about our distinctive mission.