NCRegister.com Job Directory
Looking for a new job? Our Job Directory is a great source for Catholic-friendly employment. If you’re an employer, posting a recruitment ad is easy! Simply click on “Submit a New Ad” above, and follow the instructions.
President - Ave Maria Academy
Ave Maria Academy - Maple Grove, Minnesot
Ave Maria Academy in Maple Grove, Minnesota seeks applications for the position of President. Ave Maria Academy is 501c3 not-for-profit corporation with a mission of operating an independent Roman Catholic school serving Maple Grove in the Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis. The region is seeing rapid expansion with tremendous opportunity for evangelization through education. The school seeks a leader who is committed to providing a passionate and authentic witness to our mission:
Rooted in the Catholic intellectual tradition, Ave Maria Academy forms young minds, hearts, and souls through a commitment to clear thinking, academic achievement, character formation, prayer, and service.
In an encouraging and safe environment transformed by faith, reason, and virtue, each child’s unique and God-given talents are nurtured through mastery of a rigorous curriculum and active participation in the Catholic faith.
The individual hired for this entrepreneurial leadership position will carry forward the school’s foundational pedagogy and its commitment to excellence for every student in all aspects of their young lives. Ave Maria Academy was founded in 1997 and is an accredited, co-ed, PK-8th grade school rooted in the Catholic intellectual tradition and the sacramental life of the Church.
Ave Maria Academy is looking for four main qualities in its President;
- a clear Catholic philosophy of education;
- a deep commitment to Catholic culture;
- a collaborative and enthusiastic leader who can grow enrollment, interact with parents, students, faculty, the board or directors, local clergy, benefactors, the diocese and the local community;
- a leader with a prudent ability to steward the school’s resources.
- A practicing, faithful Catholic in good standing with the Roman Catholic Church;
- at least 5 years of school administrative experience;
- strong leadership skills in nonprofit management;
- excellent communication skills;
- ability to manage multiple tasks under time pressure;
- master’s degree or above preferred;
- administrative licensure preferred.
National Leadership Roundtable on Church Management
The operations manager is responsible for high level functioning of all administrative systems and internal communications of the Leadership Roundtable. Responsible for all internal human resources compliance. Responsible for internal application of proper financial, accounting, and governance controls and transparency as described by the Standards for Excellence: An Ethics and Accountability Code for Catholic Nonprofits. Coordinate event logistics for organization events, board meetings, and internal staff meetings.
The College of St. Scholastica
The College of St. Scholastica, a Catholic Benedictine college in Duluth, Minnesota, seeks its 12th president, following President Larry Goodwin’s 18 years of distinguished service. The new president is expected to take office in the summer of 2016.
Founded in 1912, the College has grown from the original campus in Duluth, Minnesota, to include eight additional extended locations – St. Paul, St. Cloud, Rochester, Brainerd, Inver Grove Heights, Grand Rapids and Cloquet, Minnesota, and the Phoenix, AZ, metro area. A variety of learning options such as online, evening, weekend and accelerated classes are offered for degree and non-degree programs at the extended campuses.
The Duluth campus remains home to traditional undergraduate and graduate programs that span six academic schools grounded in the liberal arts, with excellent professional programs and a particularly strong focus and reputation in the health sciences and nursing. Overlooking Lake Superior, the 186-acre Duluth campus is a beautiful setting with a mix of new and historic buildings. A large on-campus resident population and numerous student groups make the College a vibrant place of community and learning.
The College’s total enrollment is 4,237 for all campuses. In the past decade, there has been substantial growth in the graduate, online, and non-traditional adult student market, with this group comprising half of the student body. The College is served by 174 dedicated full-time faculty members, as well as 184 committed support and administrative members.
In addition to an earned terminal degree and significant demonstrated success in senior leadership within higher education, the next president will understand, support, and embrace Benedictine values and the Catholic intellectual tradition and be able to communicate both within and outside of the College. S/he will also be aware of the spectrum of opinion and conviction on contemporary Catholic issues and their impact on higher education.
Catholics for the Common Good Institute
Catholics for the Common Good Institute, is seeking a skilled, entrepreneurial, creative, and energetic Catholic who is faithful to Church teaching, and has organizational management experience to organize and lead an effective high profile organization that seeks to "reintroduce" marriage to a culture who has forgotten its meaning and strives to evangelize the culture by helping people learn ways to promote marriage reality in their families and communities.It will be the responsibility of the Executive Director to implement the strategic direction as outlined by the Board of Directors through leading the day-to-day activities of the organization. This position reports directly to the Board. The Executive Director will receive guidance from the President, and the President will have editorial responsibility over all educational content and messaging.
Coordinator of Youth Ministry
St. Mary of Sorrows, Fairfax, VA
St. Mary of Sorrows seeks a full-time Coordinator of Youth Ministry. Simply put, we are looking for someone to coordinate our team as we strive to lead teenagers into mature discipleship with Jesus Christ. The position involves running a high school youth ministry program, as well as collaborating and assisting with the junior high youth ministry program.
Degree in Theology or related field preferred. Full-time youth ministry experience required.
Associate Director of Evangelization
Catholic Diocese of Austin
The Bishop is the visible principle and foundation of unity in the particular Church (the diocese) entrusted to him. In a unique and visible way, he makes Christ’s mission present and enduring as Shepherd of the Christian Community. In order to fulfill his mission, the Bishop employs suitable, chosen collaborators (clerics, religious, or lay people). He shares with them the apostolic mission and entrusts various responsibilities to them.
Each position employed in the Diocese of Austin helps to extend the ministry of the Bishop in particular ways as outlined in the job description. Therefore, the employee in this position is closely connected to and assists the Bishop in the performance of his ministry and thereby engages in ministry for the church.
The Associate Director of Evangelization is responsible for overseeing diocesan programs, initiatives, and resources related to strengthening the Church’s impact in fulfilling its ongoing mission of evangelization. The position reports to the Director of Evangelization, Catechesis and Family Life and operates under general supervision with wide latitude for the use of independent judgment and initiative.
Radio Producer & On-Air Talent
EWTN (Washington, D.C.)
TITLE: Radio Producer & On-Air Talent (Washington, D.C.)
LOCATION: Washington, D.C.
FLSA STATUS/TYPE: Exempt Salaried
GENERAL SUMMARY: The EWTN Producer & On-Air Talent is responsible for managing all aspects of the Morning Glory radio show ensuring that content meets EWTN broadcast standards. Develops program ideas consistent with the mission and collaborates with co-hosts and other content contributors. Responsibilities also include being a member of the on-air team.
- Produces all aspects of the radio morning show ensuring that all content meets EWTN broadcast standards:
- Manages the production of the morning show and all content including webcast.
- Works in collaboration with co-hosts and other content contributors, participates as a member of the on-air team.
- Manages rotating schedule of clergy and other on-air participants.
- Coordinates support staff; call screener, social media, guest bookings (DC & AL).
- Coordinates participation of EWTN global news and information assets.
- Signs off on in-show production, ensures recorded messaging is fresh and on target.
- Supports in production of news, sports, and weather segments.
- Takes the lead mapping future radio shows, prepares and writes materials (as needed).
- Keeps abreast of current affairs; religious, secular and pop culture.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience producing major market radio broadcasts or related experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Catholic Faith, the Magisterium, and how they relate to the programming goals of the network.
- Demonstrated leadership, ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Prompt and thorough with strong attention to detail and ability to follow through.
- Ability to collaborate well with others.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure, react quickly, meet tight deadlines, and provide solutions.
- Possess excellent writing skills, ability to generate prep materials and original ideas, and think creatively about how to communicate to audiences.
- Capacity to ID, troubleshoot & communicate technical & computer problems.
- Bachelor's Degree in Media or equivalent experience.
St. Benedict Elementary, Boston MA
A Classical Education
St. Benedict Elementary, an independent K-6 school in the classical Catholic tradition located 30 minutes west of Boston, is seeking to build its talented faculty for the 2014-15 academic year. Celebrating its inauguration in September 2013, SBE strives to cultivate intellectual and moral virtue in the pursuit of academic excellence, in a joyful and faithful Catholic environment. Visit www.stbenedictelementary.com to learn about our distinctive mission.