SR. NETWORK & SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
SR. NETWORK & SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
Full-time, onsite in Irondale (Birmingham), AL. Not remote-eligible.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT THE BIG PICTURE:
As the Sr. Network & Systems Administrator, you'll take the lead in maintaining the operation, integrity, and security of EWTN’s Data Center, including the Server Farm, Storage Facilities, and Cloud Platform. Your watchful dedication will directly protect the organization’s value by keeping information confidential, and by maintaining the highest quality network for EWTN.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Assume responsibility for the operations of the Data Center(s) - to ensure server farm, cloud platforms, backup, and storage facilities are kept up to date by best practices. This includes: operating system upgrades and patches, 3rd party software patches, SQL upgrades and patches, firmware updates, and security patches.
• Report on network performance, connectivity issues, and hardware issues.
• Analyze Application connectivity and performance within the server farm and 3rd party applications. Present metrics and make recommendations to the Director of Information Services.
• Optimize network performance through analysis, and performance tuning. Troubleshoot network problems such as utilization, throughput, and latency.
• Maintain a secured network by following established IS Policies and Procedures and alert the Director of any violations (includes confidential information only known to the IS Administrative staff).
• Maintain the Microsoft Exchange Cloud Environment along with the Archival Storage Facility.
• Work closely and mentor the Jr. Network Administrator on day-to-day operations and notifications of upgrades to the Support Center.
• You hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, or an Associates’ degree with 5 years’ Network and Systems Administrator experience in an enterprise Data center environment.
• You have a minimum of 5 years’ experience with Server hardware and software installation and maintenance within an enterprise environment (AD, DNS, DHCP, Group Policies).
• You also have 3 years’ experience with Exchange Online, Azure, and Office 365 platforms within an enterprise environment.
• You would describe yourself has having expert knowledge of maintaining an Enterprise storage platform, and of server hardware/software configurations and industry best practices for security and PCI.
• You would classify yourself has having strong experience with Tape Libraries environments utilizing Backup software such as Symantec, and of having up-to-date knowledge of Industry Best Practices.
• Some of your most dominant soft skills include: information gathering, problem-solving, adaptability to change, ability to prioritize and multi-task, a passion for accuracy and thoroughness, ability to maintain confidentiality, and excellent written and oral communication skills.
• A knowledge of the Catholic faith and an affinity for EWTN’s mission.
• Desire to continue education or self/education in the computer technology area.
• Experience with hardware clustering and virtualization including Hyper-V and/or VMWare would be helpful.
• Experience working with VOIP technology would be a plus.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT WORKING HERE:
• We offer a career with purpose! Apply your God-given talents, knowing your contributions help advance EWTN’s mission of sharing the Gospel with the world.
• Family-oriented working environment. We value the importance of family, and welcome you as an EWTN family member, not just an employee.
• Worship at work! Freedom to participate in daily Mass, Adoration, and prayer throughout your workday.
• Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Life insurance and Retirement Savings Plan.
• 11 Paid Holidays and generous Paid Time Off program.
• Tuition reimbursement for online continuing education and degree programs through our partnership with Catholic Distance University.
• Potential for flexible hours and telecommuting may be possible dependent upon the position and department needs.
• Ability to learn alongside legacy employees while bringing new ideas to the growing team!
WHAT TO DO NEXT:
If you’re ready to get started on Mother Angelica’s mission to bring the Gospel to the world, please email a cover letter, resume and your salary expectations to [email protected]. Thank you for considering EWTN and we look forward to hearing from you!