St. Joseph's on Capitol Hill
Saint Joseph’s Catholic Church on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC located in the heart of Capitol Hill needs an Executive Assistant/Parish Secretary. This position encompasses these specific responsibilities:
• Typing, handling correspondence and document preparation
• Scheduling meetings and events, including occasionally working with food vendors.
• Manage the coordination of volunteers.
• Managing parking lot rental
• Managing supply vendors and ordering supplies
• Administration of on-line calendar and e-mail system
• Back-up person to accountant for running bi-weekly payroll.
• Facilitate human resources and employee onboarding requirements.
• Being a point of contact for Archdiocese of Washington needs or requests.
• Assisting in following Archdiocese of Washington policies and procedures
• Liaison to Child Protection and Safe Environment Coordinator
• Assist with rectory and facility support needs.
• Assist with answering telephone calls and handling walk-ins
• Assist with projects working with the clergy, staff, and parishioners.
• Assist with liturgical support.
• Other office duties
Need to be a practicing Catholic with a dedication to being part of the Church’s mission and have a good working knowledge of Catholic terms and practices is essential. Graduation from high school is required. College or IT/computer training preferred. Candidates must have the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, as well as having excellent organizational and people skills. Candidates should be fluent in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) and have skills working with e-mail. Knowledge of ParishSoft, our Church management software, is a plus. This job operates in an office setting. The role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is a full-time (40 hour per week) benefits-eligible position.
Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume by e-mail [email protected] or by mail to Rev. William H. Gurnee, III, 313 2nd Street NE, Washington, DC 20002.