Director of Evangelization and Catechesis
St. Michael the Archangel Catholic Church, Cary, NC
This is a full-time, ministry and executive position that oversees the Office of Evangelization and Catechesis at St. Michael the Archangel Catholic Church, a large and vibrant community. The Director reports to and collaborates with the Pastor in implementing his vision. The Director is passionate about sharing the Good News in a way that is faithful, comprehensive, and attractive, favoring the Way of Beauty. The duties include supervising the Director of Religious Education, directing the Evangelical Catholic’s Reach More program (small group facilitation training), directing the RCIA program, developing and implementing a robust and comprehensive curriculum for ongoing adult faith formation—including parish-wide and smaller events/missions—, and forming and coordinating catechists and other parishioner-led programs for adult faith formation.
Outline of Duties
In addition to the responsibilities mentioned in the above description, the Director of the OEC will:
1. Form part of the Pastor’s Leadership Team (PLT), an advisory board.
2. Inspire and direct evangelization efforts in the community (the initial sharing of the Good News).
3. Develop, implement, and direct a robust catechesis program, leading adult parishioners to deepen their knowledge of God and his revelation, encouraging them to live out their Baptismal call in the world.
4. Accompany (shepherd) missionary disciples in their personal work of evangelization.
5. Ensure the OEC’s (programs, staff, and volunteer) alignment with the teachings of the Catholic Church and St. Michael’s Mission.
6. Collaborate with the Hispanic Faith Formation team to coordinate cross-cultural experiences among the adult communities.
a) A practicing Catholic in good standing who is passionate about living and transmitting the Faith in its integrity.
b) Minimum of a master’s degree in theology or related field.
c) Minimum of four years of parish ministry experience, with experience in a directive role.
d) Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to work with and relate to a diversity of personalities and ages typical of a parish setting.
e) Proven competence in one-on-one mentoring and/or spiritual direction.
f) Strong organizational skills.
g) High proficiency in verbal and written communication skills.
h) Ability to be flexible and work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
i) Proficient in MS Office (The Director will receive basic administrative support by the OEC’s administrative assistant).
ease paste in your ad copy: 400 words maximum.
Send resume and letter of interest to: [email protected]