NATIONAL DIRECTOR OF MISSION AND SPIRITUALITY
Boys Town & Omaha NE
Boys Town is looking for a leader with a passion for ministering to youth and families and a devotion to our mission!
Our National Director of Mission and Spirituality will lead the spiritual programs for Father Flanagan’s Home for Boys, the Omaha based community, and ensure the mission is advanced in Boys Town’s other locations. This position reports to the CEO of Boys town ensuring all spiritual programs align with organizational objectives and the annual goals as approved by the National Board of Trustees.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
• Serves as a spiritual leader for children of all faiths in Boys Town's care and assures that the religious and moral training is in line with traditional Judeo-Christian faith and moral practices. Upholds Father Flanagan's policy: "Every boy (and girl) must learn to pray. How they pray is up to them".
• Serves as a primary intervention agent for troubled boys and girls at Boys Town and is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
• Serves as Pastor for Immaculate Conception Parish at Dowd Chapel, a parish within the Archdiocese of Omaha, offering daily and weekend services.
• Embodies and demonstrates the Mission, Vision and Values of Boys Town.
• Supports Development as directed in managing and cultivating relationships with existing major gift prospects as well as identifying new prospects to obtain funds for the organization.
• Supports Marketing when called upon to speak for the organization at employee events, to the media, or with high profile guests who visit campus.
• Supports the Advocacy Department as directed by meeting periodically with national policy makers and legislators at local, state, and national levels to create an atmosphere of understanding and support for Boys Town programs. Priority given to working with local, state, and national legislators from sites where Boys Town has programs operating.
• Supports the Village General Counsel as directed by the CEO with matters related to the Board of the Village of Boys Town
• Provides feedback on issues that assist in consistent quality of outcomes.
• Collaborates with other executives to ensure cross-functional goals are achieved.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
• Catholic priest in good standing.
• Experience working with troubled youth.
• Ability to relate well with Boys Town youth, patients, and families.
• Strong conflict management skills to align all facets of the organization to serve the mission and to deal with difficult problems and challenges.
Join our dedicated team and make a lasting impact on the lives of youth in need. Please send all inquiries to [email protected].