Tom Hoopes is Vice President of College Relations and writer in residence at Benedictine College in Atchison, Kansas. He has written for the Register for more than 20 years and was its executive editor for 10. His writing has appeared in First Things’ First Thoughts, National Review Online, Crisis, Our Sunday Visitor, Inside Catholic and Columbia. He has served as press secretary for the Chairman of the U.S. House Ways & Means Committee. He and his wife, April, were editorial co-directors of Faith & Family magazine for 5 years. They have nine children.
Top 10 reasons to be thankful after the election …
10. Hollywood will make movies that treat America as great again …
9. Schools will show unqualified respect for the presidency, again. (Tell your kids to do their President’s Day report on W., just for fun.)
8. We no longer have to deal with people’s “Bush defense shields” every time we talk about our issues.
7. If things don’t go well (and, ahem, have you seen the financial news lately?) it won’t be on the pro-life side’s watch.
6. The March for Life is going to be huge. And two days after the inauguration.
5. A man whose race was first brought to American en masse as slaves has risen to the highest office in the land.
3. We can capitalize on our huge pro-marriage wins.
2. Our hope is in the one who created everything, and he’s pro-life, pro-marriage and still in control.
— Tom Hoopes