The primary duty of the position will be to assist in the execution of Portsmouth Institute programs, including the annual summer conference, Catholicism and Culture Symposia, Oxford Summer Programme, and more. Responsibilities will include:
• Manage day-to-day operations and finances. You would work with the Executive Director to oversee progress goals on Institute programs and publications; you would be first point-of-contact to coordinate with staff of Portsmouth Abbey, St. Louis Abbey and third-party vendors to execute programming; you will work with the Executive Director to ensure that programs remain on budget, keeping track of all expenses and revenues.
• Manage donor database. You would be responsible for recording and acknowledging donations to the Portsmouth Institute in a professional and prompt manner, consistent with best practices and with our ethical duty to our benefactors
• Assist Executive Director in constituent engagement by working with Executive Director to execute communications strategies, including digital marketing (using the email marketing service MailChimp), direct mail, social media, etc.
• Direct on-site event logistics. You would be the on-site point-of-contact and primary manager for Institute programs, including weekend conferences, evening events, and weeklong seminars.
• Build effective systems and processes for event organization, donor engagement, and constituent engagement
• Assist Executive Director in seeking avenues for growth. You would stay up-to-date on programmatic trends, assist in developing relationships with like-minded organizations, and be able to identify prospective donors who can help advance the Institute’s mission.
You should have at least three years of professional experience with a track record of progressive responsibility—including management—over time. Good familiarity with writing, personnel relations, and organization required. Most importantly, you should be able to demonstrate keen intelligence, a track record of success in managing multiple projects simultaneously, a high degree of personal initiative and conscientiousness, and superb interpersonal skills. Familiarity with a donor database (such as Raiser’s Edge) is a plus but not necessarily expected.
You must be able to demonstrate a strong commitment to the Portsmouth Institute’s mission of restoring Christian culture, and must be a Catholic in good standing with the Church. You should be enthusiastic about the opportunity to help build a leading center for the Catholic intellectual life in America. Ultimately, the responsibility of the Associate Director is to ensure that Portsmouth Institute initiatives operate at the highest level.
Maintenance Technician - Affordable Housing
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of others? Archdiocesan Housing Inc., a division of Catholic Charities is looking for a Maintenance Tech to join the team in Silverthorne, CO.
The Maintenance Staff are part of the Housing Management Services (HMS) division of Archdiocesan Housing Inc. The Maintenance Staff are responsible for maintaining the Archdiocesan Housing properties in accordance with HMS and governmental standards and assure building safety, and comfort for residents and staff. Benefits include: Low cost medical, dental, and vision plans. Retirement plan matching. 4 weeks of PTO to start, and 9 paid holidays! For more information and application instructions, please visit: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=5858&clientkey=FCAE5A91E28BD4CCDE1F98EF38C1EBB6
Description of the Byzantine Catholic Eparchy (Diocese) of Parma. The Byzantine Catholic Eparchy (Diocese) of Parma is the Catholic Diocese that serves Byzantine Catholics in 12 states across the Midwest. The Diocese is one of 18 Eastern Catholic dioceses in the United States (and one of the 197 Catholic Dioceses in the US), in full communion with the Bishop of Rome. On June 1, 2018, Pope Francis appointed 44-year-old Bishop Milan Lach from Slovakia, a Jesuit, as Bishop of the Diocese. Bishop Milan is one of the youngest Catholic Bishops in the United States. The Diocese currently has 32 parishes and missions; the heaviest concentrations of parishes are in the metropolitan areas of Cleveland, Detroit, and Chicago.
Job Title: Editor, Horizons
Reports to: Bishop
Status: Part-time, Independent Contractor
Working under the direction of the bishop, the editor of Horizons oversees the complete spectrum of tasks associated with the timely publication of the marquee publication of the Byzantine Catholic Eparchy of Parma. These tasks include but are not limited to the conceptualization, editorial content development, writing, and oversight of graphic design, to be carried out in keeping with the magisterial teachings of the Catholic Church in the Byzantine tradition.
• Conceptualizes and plans the content for each issue of Horizons in accordance with direction provided by the Bishop.
• Maintains potential story files and planning schedules.
• Works with the United States Post Office to ensure mailing regulations are maintained.
• Makes contacts with story subjects and maintains files.
• Writes and edits newspaper/magazine copy content in a timely and professional manner in accord with current newspaper/magazine standards, Associated Press Stylebook and other pertinent industry conventions.
• Writes copy and takes photographs for the eparchial website, eNewsletter, and social media platforms.
• Maintains story and photo archives.
• Ensures pertinent copy and photo releases are obtained from story subjects and releases are archived.
• Works in a collaborative fashion with outside vendors and counsel.
• Develops and maintains productive relationships with chancery staff, priests, parishioners, freelance writers, photographers, and graphic designers as needed.
• Produces the newspaper/magazine under budgetary guidelines. Possesses knowledge of magazine budgets and fiscal operations.
• Maintains publication vision and mission consistent with directions provided by the Bishop and ensures all content confirms with authentic teachings of the Catholic Church.
• Maintains memberships in pertinent professional organizations.
• Directs others involved with the production of the newspaper/magazine.
• Schedules and leads planning and production meetings.
For more information or to apply, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Catholic Extension was founded in 1905 and established by Pope Pius X as a “papal society” in 1910 with a mission to build churches in America's most rural regions. More than 114 years later, Catholic Extension remains committed to strengthening and supporting the Catholic Church across the United States.
In poor mission dioceses throughout our country, there are more than 15 million Catholics who are on fire for their faith and committed to building up vibrant parish communities. In these areas, the faith is thriving, but the resources are scarce. Catholic churches are exceeding capacity during Sunday Mass; communities without access to a church building are using empty storefronts and warehouses as places to gather; and pastoral and lay leaders are traveling hundreds of miles a week to offer faith formation, lead youth ministries, and provide social outreach to numerous parishes throughout their dioceses.
It is with a strong commitment to its legacy that Catholic Extension invests in these faith communities, ensuring that Catholics across the country can experience the fullness of Church life. Catholic Extension funds church construction projects in places where old buildings are inefficient or can no longer sustain the capacity of their communities. It supports Catholic leaders of all ages so that they can increase their impact for the people they serve. It funds Catholic ministries and programs that engage Catholics in dynamic faith formation, fostering communities full of active parishioners. Together with its generous donors, Catholic Extension is celebrating the mission of the people who do God's work in their communities.
Since its founding, Catholic Extension has distributed more than $1.3 billion in today’s dollars to expand and strengthen the Catholic Church in the poorest regions of America.
Catholic Extension seeks candidates for the position of Director of Development for the Northern California and Pacific Northwest Region. Reporting to the Assistant Vice President of Development, the Director of Development will join a 25-person Development Department, which includes eight gift officers who focus on major and planned giving and are each responsible for a geographic region of the country. Ideally, the Director of Development for the Northern California and Pacific Northwest Region will be based in a new regional office for Catholic Extension in the San Francisco Bay Area. However, Catholic Extension is interested in identifying the best candidates and will selectively consider other Northern California and Pacific Northwest locations for the base of operations.
Catholic Extension has retained Diversified Search to assist in this confidential search processes. Inquiries, nominations, and applications (current resumes and cover letters) should be directed electronically to:
Gerard F. Cattie, Jr.
Founder and Practice Leader – Development & Philanthropy
The Chrysler Building, 405 Lexington Avenue, 49th Floor, New York, NY 10174
email@example.com | 212.542.2587
Stonecrest Home Arts, a center of Opus Dei and personal Prelature of the Catholic Church provides basic domestic services including foodservice, laundry, dinning room services, provisioning and other managerial tasks to the 12 permanent residents of Wyoming House.
We seek a Staff Leader/Oratory and Laundry Room Services Attendant immediately. Job duties include: assisting the Administrator in the management of the staff; providing back-up when the Administrator is off-site; care of the oratory and providing laundry services to the residents and staff.
The ideal candidate has excellent communication and time management skills, is team oriented, enjoys working in a home-like environment and is capable of multi-tasking. You must speak, write and read English, have a valid worker's permit, reliable transportation and be available Saturday through Thursday from 2:00-8:00 pm
Hourly wage is $16.00-$22.00 per hour, commensurate with experience.
If interested, submit summary of qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org