NCRegister.com Job Directory
Looking for a new job? Our Job Directory is a great source for Catholic-friendly employment. If you’re an employer, posting a recruitment ad is easy! Simply click on “Submit a New Ad” above, and follow the instructions.
Director of Discipleship
Prince of Peace Catholic Church
Prince of Peace Catholic Church in Ormond Beach, Florida is seeking a full time Director of Discipleship. Prince of Peace is a community of 2100 families located approximately 60 miles east of Orlando and just north of Daytona Beach. Responsibilities include overseeing all religious education and sacramental formation. Must be committed to our Catholic faith as set forth in the Catechism of the Catholic Church, and be a practicing Catholic in good standing. Appropriate academic credentials and related work experience desirable. Salary is negotiable, full benefits provided.
Mission Partner, Development Department
Support and advance the mission and vision of Dynamic Catholic by engaging, identifying, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding customers of Dynamic Catholic by offering a world-class customer experience.
- Provide a world-class customer experience to Dynamic Catholic customers in order to further engage them personally in our mission.
- Act as the primary relationship builder for those who come in personal contact with Dynamic Catholic.
- Provide exceptional customer support and engagement to convert customers to monthly donors, parish book program bulk purchasers, and facilitators of our Catholic Moments programs.
- Oversee the initial engagement and education process for our customers and initiate / foster a relationship with them
- Track and report relationship management activity using SalesForce Non-Profit
- Ability and capacity for building relationships, intuit others’ needs and answer them, engender trust in and commitment to our mission, and to solicit donations are essential qualities for success in this role.
- Organization, prioritizing, and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Computer proficiency with standard office applications. Ability to use database systems to analyze development data, looking for trends and opportunities, and use metrics to guide decisions and cultivation efforts.
This position is located in the Greater Cincinnati, OH area. You must be in the area or willing to relocate.
Catholic Elementary School Principal
St. Thomas More Elementary School, Pittsburgh, PA
CATHOLIC ELEMENTARY SCHOOL PRINCIPAL
St. Thomas More Elementary School in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (http://www.stmcs.org) is seeking an outstanding Catholic educator as its principal. Applicants must have a minimum of three years of teaching experience and administrative certification. He or she must be an organized, highly motivated, skilled educator. Through words and actions, he or she must demonstrate a strong commitment to the teachings of the Catholic Church.
This opportunity is best suited for an organized, highly motivated experienced educator who can collaborate with the pastor to create a school community where children can thrive spiritually, intellectually and emotionally. The candidate must demonstrate excellence in teaching and leadership in a school setting, sensitivity to learners of different abilities, and be passionate about communicating the Catholic faith and virtues to children. As principal, he or she will be expected to preserve and enhance St. Thomas More’s strong Catholic identity, build upon St. Thomas More’s academic excellence and maintain a safe, nurturing school community that is founded on the dignity of every person. St. Thomas More has a unique position in Pittsburgh as a vibrantly Catholic, academically excellent, socioeconomically diverse school that is also a location for the St. Anthony program, an inclusive education for children with mild to moderate disabilities. (http://www.stanthonyschoolprograms.com) The successful applicant must demonstrate appreciation for the gifts of all children, including children with disabilities and children from diverse socioeconomic backgrounds.
Director of Liturgical Music and Organist
Sacred Heart Seminary and School of Theology
SACRED HEART SEMINARY AND SCHOOL OF THEOLOGY seeks candidates for a full-time, graduate-level seminary appointment as Director of Liturgical Music and Organist starting August 2015. Applicant must be a Roman Catholic possessing at least a master’s degree, though preference will be given to those with a canonical degree, or Doctor of Sacred Music degree. Candidate will provide evidence of outstanding service playing skills, choral conducting skills, cantor formation and exhibit faithfulness to the General Instruction of the Roman Missal, The General Instruction of the Liturgy of the Hours and Sing to the Lord; Music in Divine Worship.
Applicants will also demonstrate competence with a wide range of musical styles for the liturgy from Gregorian Chant to contemporary expressions of sung prayer as well as experience in multicultural liturgical music. As a talented and proficient organist, the successful candidate will play the seminary chapel's 1994 Berghaus II/35rank mechanical action pipe organ. Position may also include teaching responsibilities.
Programmer (Irondale, AL)
EWTN Global Catholic Network
Under general direction, the EWTN Programmer will work with Web Developers and Programmers in building, maintaining and updating backend systems and content across EWTN web platforms as well as Content Delivery Networks.
- Support and maintain existing infrastructure under supervision of senior developer
- Work with Programmers to build on to existing systems and or new infrastructure applications.
- Work with Web Developers in order to integrate new or existing infrastructure applications with the website
- Additional duties as assigned by the Senior Programmer.
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science or minimum of 3 years' equivalent experience is required for this position.
- Proficiency in one or more high-level languages such as Java or C# is expected.
- Proficiency in high-level scripting languages such as Ruby, Python, or Perl.
- Understanding and familiarity with web development techniques and technologies so as to integrate backend solutions with the website(s).
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of data structures and algorithms, object-oriented programming, and software engineering principles.
- Knowledge of database programming and familiarity with MySQL or SQL Server
- Familiarity with Linux and Apache
- Basic knowledge of Unix shell programming
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS, as well as understanding of web application frameworks and HTTP-based services
- Familiarity with source control systems such as git
- Familiarity with Windows / IIS and .net programming
- Understanding of the Catholic Faith and EWTN's mission.
- Flexible, open to learning new skills, comfortable working simultaneously on a wide range of projects using different technologies and be committed to writing high-quality code.
- Capable of working in team and solo environments; self-motivation and discipline required in order to meet project deadlines.
- Effective communication skills with other departments and 3rd party developers.
Traffic Assistant (Irondale, AL)
EWTN Global Catholic Network
The Traffic Assistant operates computer proficiently to create a log for use by On Air Operations. Coordinates various sources of information in a professional manner, with attention to detail to create and maintain the programming log.
- Scheduling of Program episodes, events, and interstitials.
- Insure database has all pertinent information for scheduling and Viewer Response, if applicable, maintain database.
- Coordinates scheduling information with Web Services.
- Address and solve problems, which result from miscommunication, error damage, or loss.
- Coordinates closely with Programming Department to ensure the completion of any last minute changes as well as assuring those changes properly handled.
- Print reports; handle inquiries about specific episodes or programs.
- Ability to work flexible schedule.
- May perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Broadcasting or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2-3 years' experience in broadcast/cable TV production/programming.
- Strong computer software experience including, but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Catholic Faith, liturgical year and EWTN's mission.
- Strong attention to detail and follow through.
- Efficient in time management; ability to prioritize and meet strict deadlines.
- Technical knowledge and competences.
Vice President for External Affairs
Sacred Heart Seminary and School of Theology
The Vice President for External Affairs is a full time employee of Sacred Heart Seminary and School of Theology (SHSST) responsible for the promotion of the institution, recruitment of seminarians/students, and coordination of the admission process of the applicants. This position reports directly to the President-Rector, and supervises the Director of Communications, the Assistant to the Director of Communications and Recruitment, and the Administrative Assistant for Admissions. Excellent organization, communication and planning skills are required. A master degree level in communications or equivalent with experience in Catholic Church ministry, or a master degree level in Theology or equivalent with experience in communications is required. Ability to communicate in Spanish is preferable. Applicant must be a practicing Roman Catholic in good standing.
St. Benedict Elementary, Boston MA
A Classical Education
St. Benedict Elementary, an independent K-6 school in the classical Catholic tradition located 30 minutes west of Boston, is seeking to build its talented faculty for the 2014-15 academic year. Celebrating its inauguration in September 2013, SBE strives to cultivate intellectual and moral virtue in the pursuit of academic excellence, in a joyful and faithful Catholic environment. Visit www.stbenedictelementary.com to learn about our distinctive mission.