NCRegister.com Job Directory
Looking for a new job? Our Job Directory is a great source for Catholic-friendly employment. If you’re an employer, posting a recruitment ad is easy! Simply click on “Submit a New Ad” above, and follow the instructions.
Catholic Campus Ministry Association
Catholic Campus Ministry Association is seeking a dynamic, dedicated, inspiring leader committed to Catholic campus ministry. Candidates should have demonstrated success in non-profit leadership and mission development; Catholic campus ministry or related field experiences; excellent speaking, writing, leadership, management and organizational skills; and the ability to travel. CCMA's National office is located in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Director of Sales
Family Friendly Farms at Our Lady's Ranch
FAMILY FRIENDLY FARMS at Our Lady's Ranch in Grass Valley, California is a USDA certified sustainable family farm that grows and sells pasture-raised meats including Beef, Pork, Chicken and Lamb through a variety of Sales Avenues including Farmers Markets, Stores, Restaurants, and Retail Distributors.
JOB DESCRIPTION includes Email Advertising, Customer Communications, Organizing Products and Sales Lists
GIFTS AND TALENTS NEEDED include Inginuity, Creativity, Intelligence, Optimism, and Sales/Advertising Experience
HOUSING provided on site
LOOKING FOR - Individual or Young Married Couple who desires a Rural/Agrarian Lifestyle with Homeschooling Children and Outdoor Activities combined with Prayer and Healthy Food.
Ave Maria Academy Principal
Ave Maria Academy
Ave Maria Academy in Maple Grove, Minnesota seeks applications for the position of Principal. Ave Maria Academy is 501c3 not-for-profit corporation with a mission of operating an independent Roman Catholic school (non-parochial) serving Maple Grove in the Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis. The school seeks a leader who is committed to providing a passionate and authentic witness to our mission:
Rooted in the Catholic intellectual tradition, Ave Maria Academy forms young minds, hearts, and souls through a commitment to clear thinking, academic achievement, character formation, prayer, and service.
In an encouraging and safe environment transformed by faith, reason, and virtue, each child’s unique and God-given talents are nurtured through mastery of a rigorous curriculum and active participation in the Catholic faith.
The individual hired for this entrepreneurial leadership position will carry forward the school’s foundational pedagogy and its commitment to excellence for every student in all aspects of their young lives. Ave Maria Academy was founded in 1997 and is an accredited, co-ed, PK-8th grade school rooted in the Catholic intellectual tradition and the sacramental life of the Church.
Ave Maria Academy is looking for four main qualities in its new Principal;
- a clear Catholic philosophy of education;
- a deep commitment to Catholic culture;
- a collaborative and enthusiastic leader who can grow enrollment, interact with parents, students, faculty, the board or directors, local clergy, benefactors, the diocese and the local community;
- a prudent leader with the ability to steward the school’s resources.
- A practicing, faithful Catholic in good standing with the Roman Catholic Church;
- at least 5 years of school administrative experience;
- strong leadership skills in nonprofit management;
- excellent communication skills;
- ability to manage multiple tasks under time pressure;
- master’s degree or above preferred;
- administrative licensure preferred.
EWTN, Irondale AL
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Theology Advisor is a theological resource and content reviewer assigned to a particular department or several departments. He or she assists the assigned department(s) in fulfilling the mission statement of EWTN to evangelize with authentic Catholic teaching.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide guidance during concept development, production and post-production
- Review of programs or individual issues (whether raised internally or by the public)
- Provision of theological content for distribution by various means, and in general, oversight of the theological content of materials acquired or produced for broadcast, mailing or other distribution by EWTN.
- Advise other departments' personnel on theological issues connected with their responsibilities.
- Review materials prepared for broadcast or other distribution for their fidelity to Church teaching and EWTN policies, and other matters as may be directed by the President of EWTN or the Vice President for Theology.
- Produce accurate written reviews of materials, with proposed edits or other recommended action.
- Provide theological content for other departments as required.
- Answer the theological questions of viewers, callers and web visitors as assigned.
- Participate in professional development as may be required.
- Interface with Theology Assistant as needed.
- Minimum 2 years experience in applying Catholic theology in teaching, editorial or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of Catholic teaching, and commitment to EWTN’s mission
- A Catholic in good standing, according to the norms of the Catholic Church.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as in cooperation with others to attain a common goal; faithful Catholic programming.
- Computer software experience including, but not limited, to Microsoft Office Suite
- Positive team player with a desire to contribute and share your gifts & talents within the EWTN Network
- Ability to work on multiple tasks; high level of organizational skills; attention to detail
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Master’s degree in Theology from a Catholic faculty or Bachelor’s degree in Theology / Religious Studies plus equivalent knowledge.
School Choice Advocate and Coordinator
New Jersey School Choice and Education Reform Alliance
The New Jersey School Choice and Education Reform Alliance seeks a committed, organized and outgoing coordinator to assist in its mission of promoting school choice and education reform to benefit New Jersey children. 2016 initiatives include educating Catholic parents on the key benefits of Catholic education and on how school choice legislation such as education spending accounts can assist children, parents and the Church in its important education mission. The candidate also will assist and building alliances with other parochial and private schools, parents, administrators and education reform organizations nationwide. This is a part time position and includes coordinating development, statewide and local events, social media and other efforts to build a base for promoting support for reform that will benefit parochial and private schools and all New Jersey K-12 students. This position is remote (work from home) for now and New Jersey res idence plus background in education, development or non-profit work would be helpful. Strong communication and organizational skills are key.
News Writer (News Nightly, Washington D.C.)
GENERAL SUMMARY: The News Writer will write clear, accurate broadcast copy based on AP wires and original sources on a strict deadline for our daily newscast. The News Writer will work closely with the associate producer and the Executive Producer. The News Writer may act as producer as necessary for segments.
- Write segments of the daily News Nightly newscast.
- Write promos and 1 minute TV news brief.
- Monitor AP wires and other sources.
- Pull video from AP, CNN, and original sources.
- Support Associate Producer & Executive Producer in writing assignments and other production tasks.
- May act as Fill-In Producer as necessary for segments; coordinating with other programming and production personnel.
- Fact checking as needed for stories.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3-5 years' experience newswriting in a medium to large market.
- Possess solid news judgement and excellent broadcast newswriting skills.
- Proficiency in desktop editing.
- Experience with ENPS or iNews/news gathering technologies.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate within team environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule when required.
- Strong knowledge of the Catholic Faith and EWTN's mission.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism or related field.
Planning Editor (News Nightly, Washington D.C.)
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Planning Editor will manage the News Nightly newsroom's calendar, research possible stories, and communicate with the producer about stories/guests that may be of interest to our audience. The Planning Editor will also book guests for discussion segments and coordinate with guests' staff/PR firms in a professional manner.
- Collaborate and communicate with others to achieve the best, relevant, compelling news content and presentation.
- Keep track of upcoming events, hearings, press conferences and seminars in the Washington, D.C. area that may make for compelling segments.
- Manage the calendar of stories that reporters are covering and map out future stories that ENN could cover.
- Communicate with the Producer about potential stories/events.
- Make contact with potential guests, PR firms and congressional staff in a professional manner.
- Book qualified guests and conduct telephone interviews.
- Accompany guests in and out of the News Nightly studio.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of professional newsroom experience.
- Excellent news judgment and communication skills.
- Superior organizational & time management skills.
- Solid understanding of the program's focus and guests/stories that would interest our audience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft products (Microsoft Office, Word) and A/P news software (ENPS preferred).
- Strong knowledge of the Catholic Faith and EWTN's mission.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule when necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism, Political Science or related field.
St. Benedict Elementary, Boston MA
A Classical Education
St. Benedict Elementary, an independent K-6 school in the classical Catholic tradition located 30 minutes west of Boston, is seeking to build its talented faculty for the 2014-15 academic year. Celebrating its inauguration in September 2013, SBE strives to cultivate intellectual and moral virtue in the pursuit of academic excellence, in a joyful and faithful Catholic environment. Visit www.stbenedictelementary.com to learn about our distinctive mission.