Vice President of Advancement
Bergen Catholic High School
Bergen Catholic is seeking an energetic and entrepreneurial fundraiser to join the leadership team at Bergen Catholic, a pre-eminent all-boys Catholic school in Oradell, NJ. This is an exciting opportunity to build on the strength of the school’s alumni network and position as one of the leading boys Catholic schools in the Northeast.
The Vice President for Advancement will inspire and lead a diverse and effective fundraising operation that includes major gifts, planned giving, and a broader annual appeal, as well as plan for a future capital campaign.
Bergen Catholic seeks a lead fundraiser who is – first and foremost – committed to the mission and vision of the school, especially the legacy of the Blessed Edmund Rice and the Essential Elements of a Christian Brothers education. The ideal candidate will be a positive presence in the Bergen Catholic community. The position requires a creative, flexible, collaborative leader who embraces innovation, shares information and ideas, and is always willing to go the extra mile for their colleagues and the school. As one of the chief ambassadors for Bergen Catholic, the successful candidate will need to be outgoing, inspirational, and energetic.
• A bachelor’s degree or higher
• Five years of fundraising experience in a non-profit or educational institution
• Proven success managing a prospect portfolio and cultivating and soliciting gifts of $25,000+
• Demonstrated success supervising team members and empowering employees to share responsibilities and outcomes
• Capital campaign experience a plus
• A strong personal and/or philosophical connection with Bergen Catholic High School
• Superb communication skills, both written and oral
• Confident yet humble
• Empathetic, a good listener
• Committed to the service of others
• Able to build meaningful, lasting relationships with constituents from all backgrounds
• Hardworking, resilient, and entrepreneurial
• Reliable, timely, and discreet
• Comfortable collecting and using data to inform key decisions
To ensure full consideration, candidates should submit, as soon as possible and no later than March 30, 2023, a current résumé and a cover letter indicating why they are interested in and qualified for the position to The Angeletti Group at [email protected].
Applicants should be prepared to provide references upon request.
Nominations and confidential inquiries can be made to:
The Angeletti Group
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and may be considered after the March 30 deadline depending on the status of the search.