Territory Development Cultivator - Cheshire
Legion of Christ Inc - Cheshire, CT
The Development Cultivator works in an organized and systematic fashion through telephone contact with donors who wish to give to Regnum Christi on a regular basis, and builds a group of donors through personalized cultivation. The Development Cultivator cultivates donors to advance their identification with the mission of Regnum Christi and increase their generosity and engagement to higher gift levels, and works to connect and transition qualified donors with Locality Development Officers. The Development Cultivator also prospects for Major Gift and Planned Giving leads.
Development Cultivator is a wonderful opportunity for an energetic, outgoing person with dedication to meaningfully contribute to the mission of the Catholic Church and Regnum Christi Movement. Through education and inspiration, donors grow to understand and experience the joys of generosity and being in service of Christ. The position is given significant independent latitude to achieve goals and the work environment presents an open pathway toward advancing the incumbent’s career.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Cultivate donors to give on an annual or more frequent basis through a process of identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
• Primarily through phone calling, solicit donors to secure new gifts and repeat gifts, and to upgrade annual giving.
• Inform, involve, and connect donors to the mission of Regnum Christi and its goals.
• Expand the donor base by soliciting gifts from new leads provided by Direct Mail and other sources.
• Prospect for Major and Planned gift leads from existing database, including supporting donor relationships with Development Officers.
• Execute excellent donor stewardship by recording the donor’s interest, restrictions and expectations and recording in the CRM data base.
• Follow up on all new and established donors within the assigned geographic territory and as otherwise directed.
• Produce mini-mailings and/or personalized follow up cultivation letters and ‘packages’.
• Participate in periodic fundraising campaigns assigned throughout the year.
• Participate in bi-monthly team calls.
• Occasional national travel to attend bi-annual team meetings and periodic training as needed.
• Occasional local travel as needed to visit donors.
• Stay abreast and be well versed in Regnum Christi’s mission efforts in order to communicate our successes, needs and ongoing efforts to potential benefactors.
• Meet and exceed assigned goals and established Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
• A practicing Roman Catholic is a bona fide occupational requirement of this position.
• Must embrace the evangelizing mission of Regnum Christi and the Legionaries of Christ in North America.
Currently active in Regnum Christi Movement is preferred, but not required.
• Compensation: $49k - $61k per year, DOE
• Benefits: Generous paid time-off holidays, vacation and sick time, full employee and family healthcare coverage, and excellent 401(k) retirement savings benefits
• Work Location: Legion of Christ College, Cheshire, CT
• Regnum Christi is an organization full of great people working to achieve the Catholic Church’s modern evangelizing mission! Come join us!
• With Territory Development Cultivator – Cheshire in the subject line, interested qualified individuals should email: (a) a meaningful cover letter; (b) wage expectations; and (c) resume to [email protected].