Marian High School - Bloomfield Hills, MIchigan
Marian High School in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan: Strong Women of Mind and Heart
Overview of the Role of President
The President provides leadership to achieve fully the mission of Marian High School. As Chief Executive Officer, the President reports to the Board of Directors. The President is responsible for the overall management of the school and the faith community, including policy development, strategic planning, finance and facilities, institutional advancement, communications and public relations, student recruitment and enrollment, and institutional planning, accomplished through the Principal and other administrative team members. The President serves on the Board as an ex officio member with a vote. The President is the overall leader and facilitator of the community of faith and bears ultimate responsibility for integration of faith and culture, consistent with the mission and core values of the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary and Marian High School.
The President will provide direct oversight and guidance for the Principal, Vice President for Advancement, Director of Business Operations, Director of Admission, and the Physical Plant Manager.
Characteristics of the Ideal Candidate
• A Catholic who is current in the understanding of all the elements within the Catholic Church
• A role model in living the charism of the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary
• A graduate of a Catholic high school, preferably an all-girl high school or otherwise strongly committed to the distinct value of an all-girl high school
• A person who will develop a collaborative work environment that is sensitive to work/life balance issues, showing compassion and care for each member of the school community
• A person who has the ability to meaningfully engage and energize the school community and involve the various constituencies in creating a compelling vision for the future
• An experienced fundraiser with demonstrated results in all facets of philanthropy
• A person with exceptional organizational talent and demonstrated experience in fostering teamwork and collaboration among multiple departments and constituent groups
For more information on Marian High School please visit www.marian-hs.org.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Formal interviews will begin in August 2022. The new President will begin service at a mutually agreeable date between January 1, 2023 and July 1, 2023. Interested candidates can confidentially apply by emailing a formal cover letter, current resume, and no fewer than three (3) references at the following address: [email protected]
Email cover letter, resume and at least three (3) professional references to: [email protected]