IT Support Technician (Tier 2)
IT Support Technician (Tier 2)
Full-time, onsite in Irondale (Birmingham), AL. Not remote-eligible.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT THE BIG PICTURE:
As the IT Support Technician (Tier 2) you’ll be responsible for the set-up and maintenance of hardware and software, including the following OS platforms: Windows 7, Windows 10, and latest Mac OS. By providing a single point of contact for end users to receive support and maintenance, you will directly improve quality of operating efficiencies for Network employees.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Install, upgrade, support, clean, maintain, repair, and troubleshoot PCs, laptops, printers, scanners, mobile devices, Windows OS 7 & 10, Office 2013/2016 and other authorized desktop applications and peripheral equipment.
• Troubleshoot problem areas using diagnostic tools (in person, by telephone, or via remote access) in a timely manner; provide direct end user assistance when required.
• Anticipate trends by monitoring and analyzing incoming calls, problems, and support requests.
• Use approved tools and methodologies to image, copy and configure systems for deployment.
• Familiarize and train end users on basic software, hardware, and peripheral device operation.
• Take ownership and responsibility of queries, issues, and problems (tickets) assigned.
• Maintain adequate knowledge of approved operating systems and application software used to provide a high level of support.
• Responsible for monitoring, operating, managing, troubleshooting, and restoring service to client personal computers (PCs) or laptops that have authorized access to the network.
• You have a minimum of 3 years of experience with PC hardware and operating systems including installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
• You are physically able to handle equipment (ability to lift up to 50 lbs.).
• You possess strong interpersonal skills when exercising end-user assistance and demonstrate a passion for information services support.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the Catholic faith and affinity for EWTN’s mission.
• Ability to setup and support Macintosh Hardware/Software.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems or Computer Science preferred, or an Associates’ degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, or other relevant area.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT WORKING HERE:
• We offer a career with purpose! Apply your God-given talents, knowing your contributions help advance EWTN’s mission of sharing the Gospel with the world.
• Family-oriented working environment. We value the importance of family, and welcome you as an EWTN family member, not just an employee.
• Worship at work! Freedom to participate in daily Mass, Adoration, and prayer throughout your workday.
• Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Life insurance and Retirement Savings Plan.
• 11 Paid Holidays and generous Paid Time Off program.
• Tuition reimbursement for online continuing education and degree programs through our partnership with Catholic Distance University.
• Potential for flexible hours and telecommuting may be possible dependent upon the position and department needs.
• Ability to learn alongside legacy employees while bringing new ideas to the growing team!
WHAT TO DO NEXT:
If you’re ready to get started on Mother Angelica’s mission to bring the Gospel to the world, please email a cover letter, resume and your salary expectations to [email protected]. Thank you for considering EWTN and we look forward to hearing from you!