Instructional Coach - Seton Teaching Fellows
Seton Education Partners - Bronx, New York City
Seton Education Partners seeks a mission-driven, results-oriented individual to serve as an Instructional Coach for young missionary educators serving at Charter Schools in the Bronx, New York. The Seton Teaching Fellows Instructional Coach will ensure the day-to-day instructional operations meets the highest standards of effectiveness, and leverages his or her knowledge of best practices to assure alignment of the Instructional Coaching Team with the network's objectives. As a champion of Seton and the Brilla Charter Schools mission, culture and values, this individual partners with the organization's Programs Team to support organizational leadership in implementing its mission.
-- Essential Responsibilities & Competencies --
-Execute Brilla Charter Schools’ approach to instructional development of Seton Teaching Fellows by codifying and facilitating best practices that align to organizational principles and values
- Provide job-embedded professional development for teachers and leaders through modeling engaging, standards-based teaching, formal observational coaching cycles, live-coaching, consistent data analysis and reflection, and working with El Camino leadership and Campus Partners in the continuing evaluation of teaching quality
- Develop Seton Teaching Fellows pedagogy and methods by promoting and facilitating a joyful learning culture, incorporating differentiated professional development workshops and reflective practices across the network
- Analyze, report and interpret student performance data proactively in order to identify areas for instructional change, working closely with Fellows, Campus Partners and network staff
- Conduct regular observations of instructional practices and walkthroughs across classrooms and campuses and model effective teacher coaching by live-coaching, executing effective observation debriefs, and leveraging research-based instructional strategies
- Review, research, prepare and disseminate information pertaining to trends in teacher development, teacher coaching programs, and impact on student achievement;
Consistent collaboration with El Camino Leadership and School Based Leaders to align feedback cycle and instructional goals for Fellows through regular debriefs and sharing of data
- Forge and maintain positive, professional relationships with stakeholders across the organization while modeling the consistent virtues and values necessary when working with a committed group of young teaching volunteers
- Visibly live and hold others accountable to the Brilla Mission and Seton Teaching Fellows philosophy through consistent professional dress, modeling of core virtues, execution of professional norms, and enthusiastic, regular engagement in ongoing professional development and community-building.
-- Required Qualifications --
- Teaching Certification and/or Graduate Degree in Education
- 3+ years as a successful, full-time teacher or teacher-coach
- Classically-trained/educated a plus!
Use the link below to apply and learn more about the job, our organization, and our Catholic mission!
Contact recruiter Jacob Coonradt at [email protected] for more information.