Human Resources Manager
EWTN Global Catholic Network
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for partnering with the Vice President of Human Resources to implement and administer all human resources programs and activities, including recruiting, staffing, policies and procedures, employee relations, performance management and development, compensation, employee engagement, workforce planning, training, benefit administration, regulatory compliance and other initiatives to foster a positive work environment reflecting EWTN values.
- Demonstrates and models EWTN’s values in interactions and behaviors, displaying the highest degree of integrity, confidentiality and instilling trust.
- Provides policy guidance, interpretation and assistance in implementing all procedures & programs.
- Collaborates with hiring managers to determine staffing needs, review job descriptions and outline success profiles. Interviews applicants; provides guidance to managers on interviewing, selection & hiring practices.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale & increase productivity and retention. Conducts exit interviews.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to management (i.e. coaching, counseling, disciplinary actions, career development); facilitates the performance review process.
- Provides input and assistance on salary administration & compensation.
- Works with Benefit Specialist on benefit administration to facilitate leave of absences & ensure compliance with FMLA and all applicable laws.
- Responsible for compliance in accordance with all applicable laws including EEO-1, ACA, posting notices; 403(b) disclosures, OSHA and Workers Comp reporting.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements regarding employment practices to ensure compliance and reduce risk.
- Minimum 5 years’ Human Resources experience at the Generalist/Manager level with proven ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Must be well versed in employment laws & regulations; maintain current knowledge of all changes & trends.
- Strong relationship building skills with the ability to inspire confidence and trust.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer service orientation and ability to handle difficult situations in a calm and professional manner.
- Recruiting and staffing experience to include developing recruiting strategies, advising managers, familiarity with social media tools, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in performance management and progressive discipline.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with teams.
- Positive, highly motivated and organized individual with good time management skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point), with strong Excel spreadsheet skills.
- Knowledge & experience using HRIS systems (ADP/UltiPro preferred), capable of producing/customizing reports.
- Ability to travel (approximately 10 - 15%).
- Practicing Catholic with commitment to the mission of EWTN.
- 5 - 7 years of progressive experience in Human Resources, including supervisory experience, for a non-profit preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish) helpful, but not required.
- Undergraduate degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field.
- SHRM certification preferred.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, FSA, vision, life insurance, short & long term disability, retirement savings plan with employer match, paid time off, and paid holidays).
Résumés & cover letter including salary requirements should be e-mailed to: [email protected]
To learn more about EWTN and our mission, please visit our website at www.ewtn.com.