Benedictine College, Atchison, Kansas
A graphic designer at Benedictine College is responsible for developing new collateral for various college departments. Printed and digital design projects would understand and promote the Catholic mission of Benedictine College, represent the high quality standards for Benedictine and stay within the college’s branding standards. Designers would report to the Art Director in the college’s Marketing Department and would have a work station in the Marketing Office.
• Creates advertisements for the college while working with vendors to ensure all deadlines and print requirements are being met.
• Serves the College’s marketing needs by designing new collateral used for informational and promotional materials such as viewbooks, posters, postcards, etc., taking products from beginning to end of process.
• Train and manage student workers in a mentoring capacity.
• Produce vector graphic signage for stadium promotional banners, billboards, and directional signage.
• Create, maintain, and disseminate all new logos used by the college for all departments – student, faculty, and administrative.
• Create apparel catalogs and/or brochures.
• Create web graphics appropriate for the many different facets of the college.
• Have intimate understanding of the brand of the college and how all visual elements must work together to support a unified ideal.
• Ability to produce professional grade still photography of college life and collegiate items is a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, art, or related field.
• Three to seven years related experience.
• Proficient in the latest Adobe CS programs, with particular attention to Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and Bridge, Flash and Dreamweaver experience is preferred. Will need to submit a portfolio showing successful projects that designer took lead on or did alone in photography, general graphic design, and magazine layout.
• Ability to operate a professional camera – either Nikon or Canon based platform – including external flashes, light kits, and backdrops – is a plus.
• Must have PO mailing experience mainly, pertaining to magazine and envelope sizes and weight and non-profit/bulk mail rules and procedures.
To apply, contact the Art Director, Paul McNamara, at [email protected]. Please include resume and link for online portfolio.