Cristo Rey Orlando High School
Cristo Rey Orlando High School to be located in Orlando, FL, will be part of the national Cristo Rey Network. Member schools use a rigorous academic model, supported by best practices in instruction and assessment, to prepare students with a broad range of intellectual abilities for college and life. The school will open its doors to its inaugural freshmen class in the fall of 2025. It will be a Catholic, college preparatory high school for students of all faiths from families of limited financial means.
The President will be the chief executive officer, having overall responsibility for the management of Cristo Rey Orlando High School. The President will lead the school in development, implementation, maintenance, and monitoring of an exceptional program that supports and promotes the school’s mission and values with special emphasis on the Corporate Work Study Program and the religious and spiritual orientation of the school. The President must be Catholic.
● Awareness of and commitment to the Catholic traditions of education, service and social justice, the credibility to lead and represent a Catholic organization with integrity, and facility for working well with diverse Catholic church leaders, lay and clerical.
● Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills including proven ability to engage and inspire a wide range of stakeholders, build creative and mutually beneficial relationships within the philanthropic, corporate, public, and nonprofit sectors.
● Proven fundraising and/or revenue generating success, preferably in the non-profit sector and with foundations.
● Significant visionary leadership and management experience, with demonstrated success in addressing immediate organizational needs but driving toward longer-term goals with buy-in from all stakeholders.
● The executive presence to inspire organizational and professional confidence, passion and persistence in an ambitious, fast-paced, and results-oriented period of growth, all while maintaining a positive work environment.
● The maturity and wisdom required to optimize Board members’ engagement in the mission.
● Strategic planning experience and execution capabilities.
● Strong budget management skills.
● Preferably, previous experience in the education sector and/or the sensibilities and perspective necessary to validate her/his leadership in a school.
● Critical thinking and problem solving skills, including evidence of enhancing an organization’s financial strength and sustainability.
● Unquestionable integrity.
● A bachelor’s degree and, preferably, a graduate degree.
The President reports to the Board. This summary does not describe all job duties; a full job description is available upon request. This position will ideally start in July of 2023.
If you have the requested background and a passion for the mission of this school, we invite you to apply. Applications will be accepted until the successful candidate is found; however, priority consideration will be given to applications received by April 12, 2023.
To ensure full consideration candidates should send your resumé, cover letter, as well as a statement of your educational beliefs and your vision for Cristo Rey Orlando High School, in PDF documents to Meghan Post, PostHawk Consulting at [email protected].