Executive Director of Catholic Education/Superintendent
Archdiocese of Mobile (Mobile, AL)
Major Objective: The Executive Director of Education works directly with the Archbishop and other archdiocesan executives in the planning and supporting of policies and regulations, vision and leadership in the Archdiocese. The Director will be responsible for the ongoing development and support of ministries within the Department of Catholic Education: Office for Evangelization and Family Life, Office of Youth and Young Adult Ministry, and the Office of Catholic Schools. The Director also serves as the Superintendent of Catholic Schools for the Archdiocese. As Superintendent, the Executive Director leads the Catholic Schools Office in providing leadership, support and oversight of the Catholic Schools in the Archdiocese.
• Serves as the liaison between the Archbishop and offices within the Department of Catholic Education
• Recognizes and supports the unique Catholic mission of the Archdiocese of Mobile by creating an environment in which strong Catholic identity is expected and demonstrated
• Serves as the face of Catholic education through communication with Catholic and civic communities
• Fosters positive collaboration between the Office for Evangelization and Family Life, Office of Youth and Young Adult Ministry, and the Office of Catholic Schools in order to promote Archdiocesan and parochial endeavors
• Serves as a resource to Pastors who have schools in their parishes
• Actively leads Catholic schools in maintaining Catholic identity, high standards for academics, and growth
• Supports school administrators in their role as spiritual, academic and managerial leaders in their schools
• Stays current with educational research by attending local, regional and national meetings and workshops
• Identifies office staffing needs and develops appropriate job descriptions to fulfill those needs
• Recruits and hires qualified, dedicated staff; once hired, supervises and evaluates regularly
• Develops annual budget for the Department of Catholic Education
• Meets regularly with Department heads and principals for planning purposes
Qualifications and Skills:
• Practicing Roman Catholic who is able to articulate the mission of the Catholic Church
• Master’s Degree in Education or related field
• School administration and teaching experience
• Strong leadership and management skills
• Excellent communication and fiscal management skills
• Able to travel within all areas of the Archdiocese
The application may be found at https://mobarchschools.org/careers.
For further information and to submit application, please email [email protected].