EWTN - Full-time, in Irondale (Birmingham), AL. Remote eligible
Full-time, in Irondale (Birmingham), AL. Remote eligible
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT THE BIG PICTURE:
You will assist the Sr. Creative Director in conceptualization of creative solutions that effectively communicate the strategic intent of each assigned product. This includes design and layout using state of the art computer hardware, software methods and procedures. These include, but are not necessarily limited to Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Quark Express. Knowledge of web development trends and software essential.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Develop creative concepts and graphics of assigned projects based on agreed strategy.
• Understand the unique challenges and opportunities of each project and develops creative solutions across digital and traditional platforms.
• Collaborate with Sr. Creative Director in planning, development, layout, and production of graphics, electronic presentations and of web related projects. Keeps Sr. Creative Director informed on a regular basis.
• Work with internal teams to develop design solutions and presentations.
• Coordinate and consult with departmental directors or appointed personnel as needed to execute projects.
• Ensure image quality, editorial interpretation and graphic file size meet website requirements.
• Coordinate printing requirements with printers to ensure quality and cost-effective delivery.
• Research availability and costs associated with utilizing images from external sources (such as stock photography, fine art, etc.) in designs and production.
• Art Direct or photograph images to be used in designs.
• Ensure accuracy of all material prior to actual implementation.
• Organize office supplies, images, and files.
• Monitor industry trends and maintains current knowledge of emerging technology in site development.
• Archive electronic files and maintains samples of web graphics.
• You have a minimum 3-5 years of experience in the design field.
• You have proven experience with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and InDesign in a graphics design environment.
• You are organized with keen sense of detail, flexible and ability to makes adjustments quickly and with ease, follows directions, works well with others as well as alone
• You have understanding of design restraints.
• You have knowledge of HTML and web graphic optimization techniques helpful.
• You have strong verbal and written communication skills.
• You are able to work effectively as a team member as well as alone. Keen sense of detail with flexibility to make adjustments.
• You possess the capacity to follow directions.
• You have the desire and ability to remain current on new technologies and software products and applications.
• You hold a undergraduate degree in Fine Arts or Graphic Design or related field
WHAT YOU WILL LOVE ABOUT WORKING HERE:
• We offer a career with purpose! Apply your God-given talents, knowing your contributions help advance EWTN’s mission of sharing the Gospel with the world.
• Family-oriented working environment. We value the importance of family, and welcome you as an EWTN family member, not just an employee.
• Worship at work! Freedom to participate in daily Mass, Adoration, and prayer throughout your workday.
• Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Life insurance and Retirement Savings Plan.
• 11 Paid Holidays and generous Paid Time Off program.
• Tuition reimbursement for online continuing education and degree programs through our partnership with Catholic Distance University.
• Ability to learn alongside legacy employees while bringing new ideas to the growing team!
WHAT TO DO NEXT:
If you’re ready to get started on Mother Angelica’s mission to bring the Gospel to the world, please email a cover letter, resume and your salary expectations to [email protected]. Thank you for considering EWTN and we look forward to hearing from you!