EWTN-National Catholic Register
Full-time, onsite in Irondale (Birmingham), AL. Not remote-eligible.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT THE BIG PICTURE:
As the Administrative Assistant, you will support the Executive Director and the management team of the National Catholic Register. You’ll take the lead on all administrative duties including customer service, budget planning, processing vendor invoices, managing paid-time-off schedules, arranging travel, and coordinating meetings - directly impacting and improving our operational effectiveness!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Provide customer care through telephone, email and mail regarding subscriptions, donations, advertising, and editorial questions, including customer service and readership complaints.
• Attend meetings as requested; take notes, transcribe, and distribute relevant materials; manage logistics for the set-up of conference calls, remote video meetings, and in-person meetings to include technology needs, travel arrangements, catering, agendas, etc.
• Interact with editorial staff to process expense reports, manages the team’s time-off calendar, coordinate News credentials, renew subscriptions etc.
• Process invoices, assist in preparing budgets and financial reports.
• Manages and supports news subscriptions and membership fulfillment.
• Organize and maintain electronic and hardcopy files and records, including the Register’s archive.
• Provide editorial support, transcribing interviews, mailing books for review, responding to publishing requests.
• You have a minimum of 3-5 years of prior administrative experience with a demonstrated intermediate to advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• You possess exceptional organizational skills, a meticulous level of attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task in fast-paced, changing environments.
• You possess strong internet research skills.
• You display outstanding interpersonal skills and thrive in environments where you interact with all levels of staff/management, as well as outside representatives, vendors, and guests.
• Others would describe you has having excellent communication skills to include verbal, written, and active listening, with the ability to project a genuine customer service mentality.
• You are a practicing Catholic and are aligned with the EWTN mission.
• You’re able to work a full-time 8:00 am to 5:00 pm schedule; with flexibility to work periodic overtime when needed.
• BA/BS degree in Business or related field is preferred, or equivalent combination of education and prior work experience.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT WORKING HERE:
• We offer a career with purpose! Apply your God-given talents, knowing your contributions help advance EWTN’s mission of sharing the Gospel with the world.
• Family-oriented working environment. We value the importance of family, and welcome you as an EWTN family member, not just an employee.
• Worship at work! Freedom to participate in daily Mass, Adoration, and prayer throughout your workday.
• Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Life insurance and Retirement Savings Plan.
• 11 Paid Holidays and generous Paid Time Off program.
• Tuition reimbursement for online continuing education and degree programs through our partnership with Catholic Distance University.
• Potential for flexible hours and telecommuting may be possible dependent upon the position and department needs.
• Ability to learn alongside legacy employees while bringing new ideas to the growing team!
WHAT TO DO NEXT:
If you’re ready to get started on Mother Angelica’s mission to bring the Gospel to the world, please email a cover letter, resume and your salary expectations to [email protected]. Thank you for considering EWTN and we look forward to hearing from you!