Full job posting and details can be found on our website at: ccdenver.org/careers
Catholic Charities is seeking a strategic partner to fill the role of the Regional Director of Samaritan House and our Women's Emergency Overnight Homeless Shelters in Denver, CO.
This position is guided by the pastoral mission, values and goals of Catholic Charities and provides leadership, management and vision to multiple departments. The Regional Director develops and leads division services, staff and resources to achieve goals and represents Catholic Charities and Archdiocese of Denver publicly in those services over which he/she is responsible for conveying its message and mission.
Supervises management staff including Samaritan House, Holy Rosary, and Smith Road Shelter Management.
5+ years of demonstrated experience in supervision and program management in a crisis or homeless shelter.
Experience/knowledge in the field of homelessness including a understanding of Trauma-Informed Care. Ability to embrace Christ-centered Trauma-Informed Care.
Ability to work effectively within the framework of Catholic teachings.
Strong organizational, communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
Ability to effectively lead and motivate staff through application of Agency values.
Intermediate knowledge of computers to input information, maintain client and program data, create and generate reports, and create communications.
Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from accredited four-year college or university in business, social work or closely related field; and 8-10 years of related management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA or MS preferred, LCSW helpful.
Be a fully initiated Catholic in the communion of the Catholic Church and/or intentionally living out the five precepts of the Church (CCC 2041-2043). Refrain from public promotion or approval of, or the living out of, any conduct or lifestyle that would reflect discredit or disgrace on, or cause scandal in relationship to, the Archdiocese of Denver, or considered to be in contradiction with Catholic doctrine or morals.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
Drug Free Workplace
We seek candidates who understand, are enthusiastic about, and will make a significant contribution to the Catholic mission of the University:
As the national university of the Catholic Church in the United States, founded and sponsored by the bishops of the country with the approval of the Holy See, The Catholic University of America is committed to being a comprehensive Catholic and American institution of higher learning, faithful to the teachings of Jesus Christ as handed on by the Church.
Dedicated to advancing the dialogue between faith and reason, The Catholic University of America seeks to discover and impart the truth through excellence in teaching and research, all in service to the Church, the nation and the world.
The Executive Assistant to the Provost reports directly to the University’s Provost. The Provost is the chief academic officer of the University and acts for the President in his absence. The Provost has continuing general responsibility for the coordination and development of all University academic units and programs and exercises general supervision of all academic appointments and budgets.
The role of Executive Assistant to the Provost is of paramount importance, and requires a high level of confidentiality, discretion, and independent judgment. The Executive Assistant to the Provost supports the Provost in all aspects of his role, through scheduling, travel planning, communications, and project management, and also supports the day to day operations of the Office of the Provost.
The Executive Assistant to the Provost has a broad set of responsibilities, including liaising with deans, department chairs, faculty, students, parents, alumni, and others; maintaining the Provost’s schedule, including travel; coordinating meetings, orientations, and social functions between the Provost and other administrators, faculty, and students; receiving, routing, tracking and responding to requests submitted to the Office of the Provost, and maintaining faculty records. The Executive Assistant should be able to provide excellent word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software application support to the Provost, as well as occasional research, and also complete routine tasks, including mail distribution, replenishing office supplies, set-up and clean-up for meetings and events, and coordinating accommodations for visitors.
A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of four (4) years of experience as an executive assistant in an academic, corporate, or government environment are required. The candidate must exhibit exemplary listening, speaking, writing and interpersonal skills, have a respectful and positive attitude, have the fortitude to multitask and prioritize in an efficient and calm manner, and support the Provost with critical thinking skills, the ability to grasp and execute new concepts, and absolute dependability through attention to detail.
Use the link below for more information and to apply
Faith-based private foundation seeks Executive Assistant with prior supportive staff experience in the banking, finance, accounting or legal fields to assist Executive Director in day to day operations.
Executive Assistant will coordinate financial administrative aspects of the Foundation, including communications with grantees in support of the Executive Director’s goals, financial report collection, and initiation and participation in Foundation conference calls. Candidate must be comfortable and have extensive experience in the supportive staff role; former executives and upper level managers will not be considered.
We are looking for a team player with humility and a passion for service. This full-time work from home position offered at a competitive salary is an ideal second career for someone who wants to make a difference in the lives of others. Strong written and oral communication skills are required as well as an understanding of the Catholic faith and the needs of the poor.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
LOCATION: Denver, CO; Washington, DC or Birmingham, AL
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for partnering with the Vice President of Human Resources to implement and administer all human resources programs and activities, including recruiting, staffing, policies and procedures, employee relations, performance management and development, compensation, employee engagement, workforce planning, training, benefit administration, regulatory compliance and other initiatives to foster a positive work environment reflecting EWTN values.
• Demonstrates and models EWTN’s values in interactions and behaviors, displaying the highest degree of integrity, confidentiality and instilling trust.
• Provides policy guidance, interpretation and assistance in implementing all procedures & programs.
• Collaborates with hiring managers to determine staffing needs, review job descriptions and outline success profiles. Interviews applicants; provides guidance to managers on interviewing, selection & hiring practices.
• Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale & increase productivity and retention. Conducts exit interviews.
• Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws.
• Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to management (i.e. coaching, counseling, disciplinary actions, career development); facilitates the performance review process.
• Provides input and assistance on salary administration & compensation.
• Works with Benefit Specialist on benefit administration to facilitate leave of absences & ensure compliance with FMLA and all applicable laws.
• Responsible for compliance in accordance with all applicable laws including EEO-1, ACA, posting notices; 403(b) disclosures, OSHA and Workers Comp reporting.
• Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements regarding employment practices to ensure compliance and reduce risk.
• Minimum 5 years’ Human Resources experience at the Generalist/Manager level with proven ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Must be well versed in employment laws & regulations; maintain current knowledge of all changes & trends.
• Strong relationship building skills with the ability to inspire confidence and trust.
• Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Customer service orientation and ability to handle difficult situations in a calm and professional manner.
• Recruiting and staffing experience to include developing recruiting strategies, advising managers, familiarity with social media tools, etc.
• Demonstrated experience in performance management and progressive discipline.
• Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with teams.
• Positive, highly motivated and organized individual with good time management skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point), with strong Excel spreadsheet skills.
• Knowledge & experience using HRIS systems (ADP/UltiPro preferred), capable of producing/customizing reports.
• Ability to travel (approximately 10 - 15%).
• Practicing Catholic with commitment to the mission of EWTN.
• 5 - 7 years of progressive experience in Human Resources, including supervisory experience, for a non-profit preferred.
• Bilingual (Spanish) helpful, but not required.
• Undergraduate degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field.
• SHRM certification preferred.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, FSA, vision, life insurance, short & long term disability, retirement savings plan with employer match, paid time off, and paid holidays).
REPORTS TO: Lead Anchor & Managing Editor, ENN
DEPARTMENT: News Nightly
LOCATION: Washington, D.C.
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Social Media Producer is responsible for writing stories, editing video and producing photos to create compelling content for Facebook, Twitter and other social media channels. Responsible for the timely posting of ENN content on all digital platforms (including but not limited to websites, apps and social media) and working with the anchor, producers, reporters and assignment editors to coordinate on-air and online news coverage.
• Monitors and maintains EWTN News Nightly and Lauren Ashburn’s professional social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram and others. Monitors comments for appropriateness and answers questions, etc.
• Utilizes knowledge of SEO, keywords and algorithms to maximize reach of social media posts and analyzes results.
• Implements strategies based on data, new content opportunities and tools to increase exposure and optimize platforms and channels.
• Creates reports and analyzes data to measure progress and effectiveness of messaging and social media efforts.
• Works with Editors and Media Manager to obtain photos and video content to accompany social media posts and website.
• Works with Managing Editor, Executive Producer, Producers and Correspondents to create new/original content for social media posts.
• Uploads and posts broadcast highlight segments and full show to YouTube and other online service platforms including Brightcove and website.
• Creates and executes social media plan for high-profile interviews.
• Collaborates with international EWTN News colleagues across radio, print, and digital.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in the field of journalism.
• Basic website production skills.
• Passion for and knowledge of Catholic teaching and the Catholic Church.
• Self-motivated, team player with the ability to generate ideas and exercise good editorial judgment.
• Adherence to the highest standards of journalism including timeliness.
• Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to write promotional and social media-related copy in the digital space.
• Passion for news and social media. Proven understanding of social media platforms and channels including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, SnapChat and others.
• Demonstrated writing and editing skills, with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Excellent organizational skills with ability to work independently and multi-task.
• Strong project coordination and time management skills under tight deadlines.
• Flexible and resourceful with a desire to grow professionally.
• Available to work flexible hours, including overnights and weekends at times.
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or related field
• Social Media marketing courses preferred