Culture of Life
Joyful Ways to Honor St. Joseph
BY KAREN WHITING
March 18-24, 2007 Issue | Posted 3/13/07 at 10:00 AM
• Make prayer blocks. Joseph was a carpenter. Decorate each side of a block with a sticker or word to pray about (food, clothes, love, family).
• Pray for understanding. When he wondered how Mary could be pregnant, Joseph quietly looked for a solution. God sent a dream to explain it. When you don’t understand someone, pray for guidance.
• Safety inspection. Joseph kept Jesus safe. Do a home safety inspection. See if it would be safe for a baby to visit.
• Midnight travels. Joseph traveled a lot. He left in the middle of the night to protect Jesus from mean King Herod (Matthew 2:13-15). Surprise your family with a midnight trip. Travel east, stargaze, and enjoy a midnight treat.
• Hunt for Jesus. Joseph and Mary hunted for Jesus when they lost him on a trip to Jerusalem (Luke 2:41-50). Play hide and seek with the kids.
• Make crowns. Joseph is descended from King David.
• Joy Party. Joseph means “God increases.” God increased his joy with fatherhood! Celebrate with favorite foods and Christmas carols.
• Make thank-you cards for your fathers and for anyone who is like an adopted dad.
Karen Whiting wrote this for the Register’s sister publication, Faith & Family magazine.
Copyright © 2013 EWTN News, Inc. All rights reserved.