To: (Multiple email addresses may be specified by separating them with a comma)
Top 10 Sales Pitches for Pope's Fiat
By Matthew Archbold
One of the two Fiats Pope Francis used during his visit to New York in September of last year will be driven in the New York Saint Patrick’s Day Parade today. Monsignor Robert Ritchie, Rector of Saint Patrick’s Cathedral, will drive the car to the Cathedral where it will be reviewed by Cardinal Timothy Dolan and driven the remainder of the parade route.
The Fiat 500 will then be available for bids on the auction site www.charitybuzz.com, and all of the proceeds of the auction will be used to support Catholic schools in the archdiocese, Catholic Charities, Catholic Relief Services and the Catholic Near East Welfare Association.
So if you're interested in purchasing the Fiat for a good cause, here's my top ten sales pitches:
10) Enough headroom for a mitre!
9) You could get one of those stick figure popes for the rear window
8) It’s not the throne of Peter and it won't last 2,000 years but it gets much better mileage.
7) Comes with a number sticker saying "Your child on board might be an honor student but this car carried the pope."
6) It doesn’t run on holy water but it gets like 100 mpg
5) No cupholders but has this awesome Lavabo dish.
4) Only God has Absolute Power but this has four cylinders
3) Bumper sticker: Pass on my left-absolution. Pass on my right- Penance
2) Incense air fresheners!!!!
1) It still has that new pope smell.
Bonus reason: Who knows what blessed items you might find in between the seat cushions?
Good luck with the bidding.
Copyright (c) 2017 EWTN News, Inc. All rights reserved.