SAN DIEGO—On April 9, the Catholic apologetics magazine Envoy announced the winners of its “Envoy Awards” for 1999. The magazine makes the awards each year to individuals and apostolates engaged in evangelization and apologetics.
The winners of the awards were:
• Envoy of the Year: Marcus Grodi, founder and director of the Coming Home Network and host of the television show The Journey Home.
• Lifetime Achievement Award: Benedictine Father Paul Marx, founder and chairman of Human Life International.
• Best New Evangelist: Curtis Martin, president of Catholics United for the Faith.
• Best Apostolate of the Year: Catholic Answers, a San Diego-based apologetics ministry.
• Website of the Year: Biblical Evidence for Catholicism, an interactive apologetics site created and administered by Catholic writer Dave Armstrong.
• New Apostolate of the Year: Catholic Marketing Network, an association of Catholic marketing and retail professionals.
Envoy president, Matthew J. Pinto said, “We want to recognize and congratulate the many unsung heroes who day in and day out are bringing Christ to the world.” (Staff)