About Register Radio
Register Radio forms and informs listeners about the news of our day, as seen through the lens of the magisterium. Rather than just being "news people" who write about the Church, the Register participates in furthering the mission of Christ through his Church. We cover the news that others won’t — especially in the secular media — and tell the truth about the Church and matters of faith.
Hosted by Thom Price, Jeanette De Melo and Dan Burke, Register Radio airs on Fridays at 2pm Eastern, with encores at 7pm Eastern on Saturdays and 11am Eastern on Sundays. This is a weekly half-hour show provided by the National Catholic Register and EWTN.
The shows cover the following during the course of a month:
- Above the Fold: This biweekly features interviews with the writers and newsmakers behind the prominent news stories featured in the National Catholic Register.
- Breaking News: coverage of the latest news stories affecting the Church and the world.
- Papal/Ecclesial News: the latest developments from Rome and the Church at home.
- Voices From the Blogs: a synopsis of the most compelling posts from Register bloggers.
- Media Watch: exposing the lies and discovering the truth behind the media coverage of the Church.
- Entertainment Reviews: Film, television, Internet, book, CD and DVD coverage from a Catholic perspective.
- Listener Feedback: Questions, suggestions, thoughts and comments from readers and listeners.
Register Radio Host Bios
Jeanette De Melo is editor in chief of the National Catholic Register, a service of EWTN. She previously served as communications director for the Archdiocese of Denver.
Thom Price is the director of programming and production for the EWTN Global Catholic Radio Network. He is a 30-year broadcast, advertising, teaching and recording-studio veteran, with stops in St. Louis, Los Angeles, Cincinnati, Minneapolis and Houston. He became a Catholic in 1992. While in Minneapolis, both Thom and his wife, Adrianne, experienced powerful conversions, which led them to EWTN.
Dan Burke is the executive director of the National Catholic Register. His spiritual journey began in Judaism, matured into a living relationship with Christ in evangelical Christianity, and, after 15 years of exploration, he has found his home in the Catholic Church. Dan has been published on the topics of teamwork, communication, corporate strategy and technology and wrote Navigating the Interior Life on the topic of spiritual direction and the interior life.
Tim Drake, the Register's former senior writer, previously hosted the program.