NCRegister.com Job Directory
Looking for a new job? Our Job Directory is a great source for Catholic-friendly employment. If you’re an employer, posting a recruitment ad is easy! Simply click on “Submit a New Ad” above, and follow the instructions.
St. Norbert College
St. Norbert College is a higher education success story. Over the past decade, the college has generated significant gains in virtually every metric — enrollment, endowment value, fundraising outcomes, balance sheet, and multiple national rankings. To build on this momentum and to lead the college to even greater levels of success, St. Norbert seeks a president. For more information on this opportunity please visit www.wittkieffer.com.
Associate Dean of Mission, Ministry, and Service Learning
Aquinas College seeks applicants for a full-time (40 hours per week) Associate Dean of Mission, Ministry, and Service Learning. The Associate Dean for Mission, Ministry, and Service Learning is responsible for the oversight of the mission, ministry, and service learning activities of the College. Reporting to the Associate Vice President of Student Affairs, the Associate Dean takes leadership roles for Campus Ministry, Campus Mission, and Service Learning.
Aquinas College is recognized as an exceptional Catholic liberal arts college that prepares individuals for careers of leadership and service in developing a sustainable and just global community. The Associate Dean leads the Campus Ministry team in building a strong hospitable community of God at Aquinas College through leadership, team building, organization, collaboration, pastoral ministry, and witness rooted in the Dominican Charisms and our Catholic roots. The position includes supervision of four professional staff, the Director of Service Learning, Chaplain, Liturgist, and Pastoral Musician (who, in turn, supervise nine student staff positions,) as well as primary responsibility for budget, strategic planning, and assessment efforts for the department.
The Associate Dean will be available to the President and his Cabinet, and will serve on the Strategic Leadership Team, the Budget Committee, the Mission and Dominican Identity Committee, and various other college committees.
• Master in Pastoral Ministry or related Degree with a minimum of 5 years of experience in ministry in higher education or in a related field.
• Experience in pastoral counseling/spiritual direction.
• Financial and budget management experience.
• The ability to lead based on a fundamental understanding of Ex Corde Ecclesiae.
•Ability to maintain confidentiality.
•Solid skills in reflective listening, interpersonal interactions, conflict resolution, problem solving, and interpretation and categorizing of facts.
•Ability to present to small and large groups, as needed, and to advise others.
•Solid people, organizational, collaboration, and leadership skills.
Director of Worship (full time)
St. Helen Catholic Church- Georgetown, TX
St. Helen aspires to be a parish in the New Evangelization that forms joyful disciples who know, love, and serve Jesus Christ and who live in faith through the Church He founded. Being a parish of the New Evangelization means for us that our Sunday experience and other liturgies are transforming encounters with Christ. We believe this is accomplished through the beauty and mystery of sacred worship, music that engages the soul, dynamic and relevant homilies, excellence and hospitable warmth in our liturgical ministers, and relational ministry.
We are looking for someone who is in love with their Catholic faith with a particular devotion to the Eucharist and Sacred Liturgy. We believe in exercising a dynamic orthodoxy, faithful to Church’s instruction, engaging and fervent, and in a manner that reaches the hearts of the faithful and the unchurched.
An important value of our parish staff is reliance on prayer, thus we begin each day of work in Eucharistic Adoration. We have been inspired by the Amazing Parish Conference (amazingparish.org), and the books Forming Intentional Disciples, Rebuilt, Divine Renovation, and Evangelii Gaudium. The position reports to the pastor.
The essential job duties include: collaborating with the pastor and core team; planning liturgies and assisting in the development of message series; overseeing and coordinating teams of liturgical ministers and hospitality ministries; forming/training liturgical ministers; liturgical planning of weddings and funerals; conducting rehearsals; writing general intercessions; and collaboration with the Director of Music, an administrative assistant, and other staff.
We’re looking for a “people person” with motivational leadership skills who is well-organized and can communicate effectively. He/she should have the ability to amiably coordinate and effectively lead teams of volunteers that speak English and Spanish. The candidate must have a flexibility and availability to be present on weekends and during other liturgical celebrations.
Vice Provost for Strategic Enrollment Management
University of San Francisco
The University of San Francisco (USF), a Jesuit Catholic university, seeks an innovative, forward-thinking, analytical, collaborative and highly experienced Vice Provost for Strategic Enrollment Management. The successful candidate will provide vision and leadership to the University in all areas of strategic enrollment management, including admissions, financial aid, enrollment services, student accounts, and registrar functions. Applicants are expected to have a broad understanding of competitive challenges, technological opportunities, and cutting-edge enrollment management practices in the rapidly-changing landscape of higher education. Guided by the University’s Mission, Vision, and Values, the Vice Provost will lead with creativity, integrity, inclusiveness, wisdom and energy and will partner with the deans of the schools and the College of Arts and Sciences and other campus leaders to develop successful and integrative enrollment management approaches in alignment with University goals, priorities,
USF is recognized nationally and internationally as a leading Jesuit Catholic, urban university with a global perspective. Established as San Francisco’s first institution of higher education in 1855, the university is deeply embedded in the city of San Francisco. It serves approximately 11,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in the arts, sciences, education, law, management, nursing, and health professions. The University boasts one of the most diverse student bodies among four-year universities in the nation.
Recruitment will continue until the position is filled. Candidates should provide a resume, a letter of application that addresses the responsibilities and requirements described in the Leadership Statement available at www.wittkieffer.com, and the names and contact information of five references. References will not be contacted without prior knowledge and approval of candidates.
Bilingual Media Sales Consultant
EWTN News, Inc.
LOCATION: Working Remotely
GENERAL SUMMARY: Responsible for closing ad sales for print and digital media, with concentration on the Spanish speaking market primarily in the U.S., and secondarily in Mexico. Responsible for prospecting for and securing ad sales for EWTN News print and digital properties, including the National Catholic Register newspaper, and all websites, email distributions, and future acquisitions. Consults with prospects and advertisers to provide the best advertising options available for their product or service. Negotiates pricing and secures signed sales orders.
- Research and qualify prospects according to established advertising policies.
- Make cold calls, and use available technology to build relationship with prospects through regular communication.
- Become thoroughly familiar with all advertising products available for sale.
- Propose creative ad campaign proposals by understanding the business, products, and needs of each prospect.
- Generate revenue through ad sales to advertisers and ad agencies.
- Consistently meet and/or exceed sales goals
- Interface with Advertising Manager, Ad Operations Specialist, and Media Consultants as needed to ensure campaign fulfillment.
- Expand customer base.
- Service and maintain existing orders.
- Interface with advertisers as needed to obtain artwork.
- Keep abreast of competitor publications and advertisers.
- Assist advertising manager in creating bundles and specials.
- Stay knowledgeable on industry trends and technological advances.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years’ direct sales experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Catholic faith and EWTN mission.
- Excellent customer service and time management skills.
- Superior bilingual written and oral communication skills.
- Fluent in Spanish and English.
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales
- Strong computer skills.
- Enthusiastic self-starter who takes initiative with minimal supervision.
- Results driven achiever
- Respond well under pressure
- Attention to detail a priority.
- Cooperative and service oriented.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Ability to travel occasionally.
- Experience in marketing to a Latino audience preferred.
- Bachelor’s in Marketing, Communications or equivalent degree in related field
On-Air Graphics Designer
LOCATION: Irondale, AL
GENERAL SUMMARY: The On-Air Graphic Designer works with the Creative Services Director on the design of Graphic packages for production including: animated opening sequences, title designs, name keys, end bumpers, and other elements depending on needs of the project. Also design of printed materials to support production and promotions. Coordinates with the Creative Services Director, Producer, and Editor to design and oversee productions are within guidelines of project, as well as sensitive, to the mission of the Network.
- Concept and design animated graphics packages for productions, promotions, or any other assigned project. Package usually includes: opening sequence with typography design, bumps, credit bed, name bar, full screen graphics page, and bug.
- Ability to incorporate creative elements quickly, which enhance and are sensitive to the mission of the Network.
- Communicates concepts through storyboards for approvals before project starts.
- Familiarity with stock footage or photography in our library and stock footage or photos for purchase to utilize in project.
- Provide information & elements to Editor assigned to the project
- Setup and operate live show and live-to-tape Computer Graphics for weekly live productions, series and special events.
- Design materials for printed use on sets, collateral or Home Video designs.
- Takes direction from Creative Director on look of design and projects, daily priorities and scheduling of projects.
- Organizes arrangements as necessary to shoot video in collaboration with Production Coordinator & Producer.
- Organize, archive, and maintain all files for projects. Complete paperwork to close job in a timely manner.
- Dependability and consistency to take responsibility for all facets of a project from start to finish.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in design, digital arts or related field.
- Proven experience with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe After Effects and typography design
- Proficient with Macintosh.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Capable of communicating and executing a concept quickly.
- Ability to adjust to the production schedules and deadlines including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Adept in learning new workflows, software and techniques; desire and ability to remain current on new technologies and software products and applications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Organized with keen sense of detail, flexible and ability to makes adjustments quickly and with ease, follows directions
- Ability and willingness to travel as required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Catholic faith and the EWTN mission.
- Experience in broadcast or cable TV
- Knowledge of Cinema 4D or other animation or 3D software a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Arts or Graphic Design.
LOCATION: Irondale, AL
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Traffic Assistant operates computer proficiently to create a log for use by On Air Operations. Coordinates various sources of information in a professional manner, with attention to detail to create and maintain the programming log.
- Scheduling of Program episodes, events, and interstitials.
- Insure database has all pertinent information for scheduling and Viewer Response, if applicable, maintain database.
- Coordinates scheduling information with Web Services.
- Address and solve problems, which result from miscommunication, error damage, or loss.
- Coordinates closely with Programming Department to ensure the completion of any last minute changes as well as assuring those changes properly handled.
- Print reports; handle inquiries about specific episodes or programs.
- Ability to work flexible schedule.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in broadcast/cable TV production/programming
- Strong computer software experience including, but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Catholic Faith, liturgical year and EWTN’s mission
- Strong attention to detail and follow through
- Efficient in time management; ability to prioritize and meet strict deadlines.
- Technical knowledge and competences.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Broadcasting or equivalent experience.
News Writer (News Nightly, Washington D.C.)
GENERAL SUMMARY: The News Writer will write clear, accurate broadcast copy based on AP wires and original sources on a strict deadline for our daily newscast. The News Writer will work closely with the associate producer and the Executive Producer. The News Writer may act as producer as necessary for segments.
- Write segments of the daily News Nightly newscast.
- Write promos and 1 minute TV news brief.
- Monitor AP wires and other sources.
- Pull video from AP, CNN, and original sources.
- Support Associate Producer & Executive Producer in writing assignments and other production tasks.
- May act as Fill-In Producer as necessary for segments; coordinating with other programming and production personnel.
- Fact checking as needed for stories.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3-5 years' experience newswriting in a medium to large market.
- Possess solid news judgement and excellent broadcast newswriting skills.
- Proficiency in desktop editing.
- Experience with ENPS or iNews/news gathering technologies.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate within team environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule when required.
- Strong knowledge of the Catholic Faith and EWTN's mission.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism or related field.
Planning Editor (News Nightly, Washington D.C.)
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Planning Editor will manage the News Nightly newsroom's calendar, research possible stories, and communicate with the producer about stories/guests that may be of interest to our audience. The Planning Editor will also book guests for discussion segments and coordinate with guests' staff/PR firms in a professional manner.
- Collaborate and communicate with others to achieve the best, relevant, compelling news content and presentation.
- Keep track of upcoming events, hearings, press conferences and seminars in the Washington, D.C. area that may make for compelling segments.
- Manage the calendar of stories that reporters are covering and map out future stories that ENN could cover.
- Communicate with the Producer about potential stories/events.
- Make contact with potential guests, PR firms and congressional staff in a professional manner.
- Book qualified guests and conduct telephone interviews.
- Accompany guests in and out of the News Nightly studio.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of professional newsroom experience.
- Excellent news judgment and communication skills.
- Superior organizational & time management skills.
- Solid understanding of the program's focus and guests/stories that would interest our audience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft products (Microsoft Office, Word) and A/P news software (ENPS preferred).
- Strong knowledge of the Catholic Faith and EWTN's mission.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule when necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism, Political Science or related field.
St. Benedict Elementary, Boston MA
A Classical Education
St. Benedict Elementary, an independent K-6 school in the classical Catholic tradition located 30 minutes west of Boston, is seeking to build its talented faculty for the 2014-15 academic year. Celebrating its inauguration in September 2013, SBE strives to cultivate intellectual and moral virtue in the pursuit of academic excellence, in a joyful and faithful Catholic environment. Visit www.stbenedictelementary.com to learn about our distinctive mission.