NCRegister.com Job Directory
Looking for a new job? Our Job Directory is a great source for Catholic-friendly employment. If you’re an employer, posting a recruitment ad is easy! Simply click on “Submit a New Ad” above, and follow the instructions.
Vice Provost for Strategic Enrollment Management
University of San Francisco
The University of San Francisco (USF), a Jesuit Catholic university, seeks an innovative, forward-thinking, analytical, collaborative and highly experienced Vice Provost for Strategic Enrollment Management. The successful candidate will provide vision and leadership to the University in all areas of strategic enrollment management, including admissions, financial aid, enrollment services, student accounts, and registrar functions. Applicants are expected to have a broad understanding of competitive challenges, technological opportunities, and cutting-edge enrollment management practices in the rapidly-changing landscape of higher education. Guided by the University’s Mission, Vision, and Values, the Vice Provost will lead with creativity, integrity, inclusiveness, wisdom and energy and will partner with the deans of the schools and the College of Arts and Sciences and other campus leaders to develop successful and integrative enrollment management approaches in alignment with University goals, priorities,
USF is recognized nationally and internationally as a leading Jesuit Catholic, urban university with a global perspective. Established as San Francisco’s first institution of higher education in 1855, the university is deeply embedded in the city of San Francisco. It serves approximately 11,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in the arts, sciences, education, law, management, nursing, and health professions. The University boasts one of the most diverse student bodies among four-year universities in the nation.
Recruitment will continue until the position is filled. Candidates should provide a resume, a letter of application that addresses the responsibilities and requirements described in the Leadership Statement available at www.wittkieffer.com, and the names and contact information of five references. References will not be contacted without prior knowledge and approval of candidates.
Bilingual Media Sales Consultant
EWTN News, Inc.
LOCATION: Working Remotely
GENERAL SUMMARY: Responsible for closing ad sales for print and digital media, with concentration on the Spanish speaking market primarily in the U.S., and secondarily in Mexico. Responsible for prospecting for and securing ad sales for EWTN News print and digital properties, including the National Catholic Register newspaper, and all websites, email distributions, and future acquisitions. Consults with prospects and advertisers to provide the best advertising options available for their product or service. Negotiates pricing and secures signed sales orders.
- Research and qualify prospects according to established advertising policies.
- Make cold calls, and use available technology to build relationship with prospects through regular communication.
- Become thoroughly familiar with all advertising products available for sale.
- Propose creative ad campaign proposals by understanding the business, products, and needs of each prospect.
- Generate revenue through ad sales to advertisers and ad agencies.
- Consistently meet and/or exceed sales goals
- Interface with Advertising Manager, Ad Operations Specialist, and Media Consultants as needed to ensure campaign fulfillment.
- Expand customer base.
- Service and maintain existing orders.
- Interface with advertisers as needed to obtain artwork.
- Keep abreast of competitor publications and advertisers.
- Assist advertising manager in creating bundles and specials.
- Stay knowledgeable on industry trends and technological advances.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years’ direct sales experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Catholic faith and EWTN mission.
- Excellent customer service and time management skills.
- Superior bilingual written and oral communication skills.
- Fluent in Spanish and English.
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales
- Strong computer skills.
- Enthusiastic self-starter who takes initiative with minimal supervision.
- Results driven achiever
- Respond well under pressure
- Attention to detail a priority.
- Cooperative and service oriented.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Ability to travel occasionally.
- Experience in marketing to a Latino audience preferred.
- Bachelor’s in Marketing, Communications or equivalent degree in related field
Director of Family & Youth Ministries
St. Dominic’s Catholic Church
St. Dominic’s Catholic Church in San Francisco, CA has an opening for a full-time Director of Family & Youth Ministries.
The director will be responsible for the evangelization and faith formation of children and youth (from birth through early teen years) and their parents, including implementing and evaluating programs, developing curricula within Church teaching and diocesan guidelines, scheduling classes and events, and training and coordinating volunteers. A successful candidate will passionately share in our Dominican parish’s mission “to radiate the joy of the Gospel in the heart of the City.” Candidates should be well organized, exhibit strong communication skills (including word, spreadsheets, email, and public speaking), and be able to lead prayer and direct and collaborate with the volunteers, parents, and parish staff of our growing program. An undergraduate degree is required (M.A. preferred) in religious education or a related field, or equivalent experience. Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. Must successfully complete background screening and safe environment training.
St. Dominic’s Church is a vibrant, diverse Dominican parish that serves approximately 2000 households in the Lower Pacific Heights neighborhood of San Francisco. See www.stdominics.org for more information and a link to the job description.
Social Media Coordinator
EWTN, Irondale AL
GENERAL SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Director of Communications, the Social Media Coordinator will manage the day-to–day operations for digital content and social media to drive communication and audience engagement. Assists the Director of Communications in other duties as assigned within the Communications Department.
- Monitors and maintains EWTN’s social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram and others. Monitors comments for appropriateness, answers questions, etc.
- Works with Creative Services/Acquisitions to obtain photos to accompany social media posts. Composes posts for Facebook/Twitter and posts photos to Instagram and Pinterest.
- In conjunction with Director of Communications (DOC), recommends programs to promote on social media through posts, photos, and cover images.
- Utilizes knowledge of SEO, keywords, and hashtags to maximize reach of social media posts and analyzes results.
- Based on data, recommends new content opportunities, strategies and tools to increase EWTN’s exposure and optimize platforms and channels.
- Creates reports and analyzes data to measure progress and effectiveness of messaging and social media/communications efforts.
- Monitors EWTN’s paid service which tracks EWTN commentary on social media sites and raises potential issues/opportunities to the DOC.
- Assists DOC with other duties as assigned, such as writing features for e-newsletter, distributing press releases through paid wire services, maintaining media contacts database, assisting with special events, etc.
- Minimum (3) years’ experience in social media marketing. Additional experience in communications, media relations, and writing/editing preferred.
- Practicing Catholic in good standing, possessing demonstrated knowledge and devotion to the faith and EWTN’s mission.
- Passion for social media and community-building, including in-depth knowledge of social media platforms and market trends.
- Proven understanding of digital marketing and communication channels including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram and others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to write promotional and social media-related copy in the digital space.
- Demonstrated writing and editing skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated project coordination and time management skills under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and display good judgment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word PowerPoint, etc.).
- Experience with media database services (Cision, Vocus, Burrelles Luce) and wire services (GlobeNewswire, PR Newswire, Business Wire) helpful, but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or related field
- Social Media marketing courses preferred
On-Air Graphics Designer
LOCATION: Irondale, AL
GENERAL SUMMARY: The On-Air Graphic Designer works with the Creative Services Director on the design of Graphic packages for production including: animated opening sequences, title designs, name keys, end bumpers, and other elements depending on needs of the project. Also design of printed materials to support production and promotions. Coordinates with the Creative Services Director, Producer, and Editor to design and oversee productions are within guidelines of project, as well as sensitive, to the mission of the Network.
- Concept and design animated graphics packages for productions, promotions, or any other assigned project. Package usually includes: opening sequence with typography design, bumps, credit bed, name bar, full screen graphics page, and bug.
- Ability to incorporate creative elements quickly, which enhance and are sensitive to the mission of the Network.
- Communicates concepts through storyboards for approvals before project starts.
- Familiarity with stock footage or photography in our library and stock footage or photos for purchase to utilize in project.
- Provide information & elements to Editor assigned to the project
- Setup and operate live show and live-to-tape Computer Graphics for weekly live productions, series and special events.
- Design materials for printed use on sets, collateral or Home Video designs.
- Takes direction from Creative Director on look of design and projects, daily priorities and scheduling of projects.
- Organizes arrangements as necessary to shoot video in collaboration with Production Coordinator & Producer.
- Organize, archive, and maintain all files for projects. Complete paperwork to close job in a timely manner.
- Dependability and consistency to take responsibility for all facets of a project from start to finish.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in design, digital arts or related field.
- Proven experience with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe After Effects and typography design
- Proficient with Macintosh.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Capable of communicating and executing a concept quickly.
- Ability to adjust to the production schedules and deadlines including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Adept in learning new workflows, software and techniques; desire and ability to remain current on new technologies and software products and applications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Organized with keen sense of detail, flexible and ability to makes adjustments quickly and with ease, follows directions
- Ability and willingness to travel as required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Catholic faith and the EWTN mission.
- Experience in broadcast or cable TV
- Knowledge of Cinema 4D or other animation or 3D software a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Arts or Graphic Design.
LOCATION: Irondale, AL
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Traffic Assistant operates computer proficiently to create a log for use by On Air Operations. Coordinates various sources of information in a professional manner, with attention to detail to create and maintain the programming log.
- Scheduling of Program episodes, events, and interstitials.
- Insure database has all pertinent information for scheduling and Viewer Response, if applicable, maintain database.
- Coordinates scheduling information with Web Services.
- Address and solve problems, which result from miscommunication, error damage, or loss.
- Coordinates closely with Programming Department to ensure the completion of any last minute changes as well as assuring those changes properly handled.
- Print reports; handle inquiries about specific episodes or programs.
- Ability to work flexible schedule.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in broadcast/cable TV production/programming
- Strong computer software experience including, but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Catholic Faith, liturgical year and EWTN’s mission
- Strong attention to detail and follow through
- Efficient in time management; ability to prioritize and meet strict deadlines.
- Technical knowledge and competences.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Broadcasting or equivalent experience.
EWTN, Irondale AL
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Theology Advisor is a theological resource and content reviewer assigned to a particular department or several departments. He or she assists the assigned department(s) in fulfilling the mission statement of EWTN to evangelize with authentic Catholic teaching.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide guidance during concept development, production and post-production
- Review of programs or individual issues (whether raised internally or by the public)
- Provision of theological content for distribution by various means, and in general, oversight of the theological content of materials acquired or produced for broadcast, mailing or other distribution by EWTN.
- Advise other departments' personnel on theological issues connected with their responsibilities.
- Review materials prepared for broadcast or other distribution for their fidelity to Church teaching and EWTN policies, and other matters as may be directed by the President of EWTN or the Vice President for Theology.
- Produce accurate written reviews of materials, with proposed edits or other recommended action.
- Provide theological content for other departments as required.
- Answer the theological questions of viewers, callers and web visitors as assigned.
- Participate in professional development as may be required.
- Interface with Theology Assistant as needed.
- Minimum 2 years experience in applying Catholic theology in teaching, editorial or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of Catholic teaching, and commitment to EWTN’s mission
- A Catholic in good standing, according to the norms of the Catholic Church.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as in cooperation with others to attain a common goal; faithful Catholic programming.
- Computer software experience including, but not limited, to Microsoft Office Suite
- Positive team player with a desire to contribute and share your gifts & talents within the EWTN Network
- Ability to work on multiple tasks; high level of organizational skills; attention to detail
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Master’s degree in Theology from a Catholic faculty or Bachelor’s degree in Theology / Religious Studies plus equivalent knowledge.
News Writer (News Nightly, Washington D.C.)
GENERAL SUMMARY: The News Writer will write clear, accurate broadcast copy based on AP wires and original sources on a strict deadline for our daily newscast. The News Writer will work closely with the associate producer and the Executive Producer. The News Writer may act as producer as necessary for segments.
- Write segments of the daily News Nightly newscast.
- Write promos and 1 minute TV news brief.
- Monitor AP wires and other sources.
- Pull video from AP, CNN, and original sources.
- Support Associate Producer & Executive Producer in writing assignments and other production tasks.
- May act as Fill-In Producer as necessary for segments; coordinating with other programming and production personnel.
- Fact checking as needed for stories.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3-5 years' experience newswriting in a medium to large market.
- Possess solid news judgement and excellent broadcast newswriting skills.
- Proficiency in desktop editing.
- Experience with ENPS or iNews/news gathering technologies.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate within team environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule when required.
- Strong knowledge of the Catholic Faith and EWTN's mission.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism or related field.
Planning Editor (News Nightly, Washington D.C.)
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Planning Editor will manage the News Nightly newsroom's calendar, research possible stories, and communicate with the producer about stories/guests that may be of interest to our audience. The Planning Editor will also book guests for discussion segments and coordinate with guests' staff/PR firms in a professional manner.
- Collaborate and communicate with others to achieve the best, relevant, compelling news content and presentation.
- Keep track of upcoming events, hearings, press conferences and seminars in the Washington, D.C. area that may make for compelling segments.
- Manage the calendar of stories that reporters are covering and map out future stories that ENN could cover.
- Communicate with the Producer about potential stories/events.
- Make contact with potential guests, PR firms and congressional staff in a professional manner.
- Book qualified guests and conduct telephone interviews.
- Accompany guests in and out of the News Nightly studio.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of professional newsroom experience.
- Excellent news judgment and communication skills.
- Superior organizational & time management skills.
- Solid understanding of the program's focus and guests/stories that would interest our audience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft products (Microsoft Office, Word) and A/P news software (ENPS preferred).
- Strong knowledge of the Catholic Faith and EWTN's mission.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule when necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism, Political Science or related field.
St. Benedict Elementary, Boston MA
A Classical Education
St. Benedict Elementary, an independent K-6 school in the classical Catholic tradition located 30 minutes west of Boston, is seeking to build its talented faculty for the 2014-15 academic year. Celebrating its inauguration in September 2013, SBE strives to cultivate intellectual and moral virtue in the pursuit of academic excellence, in a joyful and faithful Catholic environment. Visit www.stbenedictelementary.com to learn about our distinctive mission.