Planning Editor (News Nightly, Washington D.C.)
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Planning Editor will manage the News Nightly newsroom's calendar, research possible stories, and communicate with the producer about stories/guests that may be of interest to our audience. The Planning Editor will also book guests for discussion segments and coordinate with guests' staff/PR firms in a professional manner.
- Collaborate and communicate with others to achieve the best, relevant, compelling news content and presentation.
- Keep track of upcoming events, hearings, press conferences and seminars in the Washington, D.C. area that may make for compelling segments.
- Manage the calendar of stories that reporters are covering and map out future stories that ENN could cover.
- Communicate with the Producer about potential stories/events.
- Make contact with potential guests, PR firms and congressional staff in a professional manner.
- Book qualified guests and conduct telephone interviews.
- Accompany guests in and out of the News Nightly studio.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of professional newsroom experience.
- Excellent news judgment and communication skills.
- Superior organizational & time management skills.
- Solid understanding of the program's focus and guests/stories that would interest our audience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft products (Microsoft Office, Word) and A/P news software (ENPS preferred).
- Strong knowledge of the Catholic Faith and EWTN's mission.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule when necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism, Political Science or related field.
Résumés & cover letter (including salary requirements) should be e-mailed to: email@example.com