NCRegister.com Job Directory
Looking for a new job? Our Job Directory is a great source for Catholic-friendly employment. If you’re an employer, posting a recruitment ad is easy! Simply click on “Submit a New Ad” above, and follow the instructions.
Major Gifts Officer
EWTN (Orange County, CA)
The Major Gifts Officer is responsible for working with the Vice President of Mission Advancement to solicit donations to support EWTN's mission and cultivate relationships with EWTN community of donors. Adheres to mutually agreed upon activity metrics and goals.
- Cultivates and solicits assigned major gift prospects; ensures that donors receive proper acknowledgement, recognition, and stewardship.
- Works with selected staff, Board, and Volunteers to ensure coordinated and effective solicitation of EWTN's major gift prospects; prepares written donor proposals for major gift solicitations; maintains correspondence with donors and appropriate financial personnel.
- Identifies potential major gift candidates.
- Serves as development liaison to particular volunteers.
- Travels nationally as necessary; prepares call reports in a timely manner.
- Attends management committee meetings and prospect review meetings; provides communication updates to departmental management.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Five (5) years of development or related work experience at a non-profit organization
- Knowledge of development/fundraising concepts and techniques
- Knowledge of gift planning and procedures
- Ability to solicit gifts
- Proven track record of success in achieving goals and fundraising metrics
- Existing knowledge and well networked within Catholic donor community
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Catholic faith and EWTN's mission
- Superior interpersonal/human relations skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with donors, volunteers, and development staff
- Self-starter; ability to work independently.
- Ability to adapt and respond to various situations
- Willingness and ability to travel and work a flexible schedule
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field of study
Employment Opportunities at Mary
University of Mary, Bismarck, ND
That sound you may have heard coming from the center of North America is an economic boom resonating from North Dakota. The University of Mary in Bismarck, ND, is a major contributor to that growth and excitement.
The capital city is our home, but our impact reaches communities around the globe. From our expansive, hilltop main campus overlooking the majestic Missouri River Valley, where the Lewis and Clark expedition discovered the West, to our Rome campus at the heart of the Catholic Church.
People come from all parts of the world, all faiths and all backgrounds to experience an authentic and genuine community experience and culture that enriches the wholeness of life.
In order to keep up with all that prosperity, our faithfully Christian, joyfully Catholic and gratefully Benedictine university of over 3,000 students and over 500 employees needs a robust plan. This future expansion is called Vision 2030 — authored and led by the visionary spirit of Monsignor James Shea — the youngest college or university president in the United States.
This objective is dynamic, aggressive, and yes, very rewarding. It means more students, more faculty, more staff, more programs, more events, more infrastructure, and … wait for it … more work. You guessed it, that’s where you come in.
Mater Dei Radio
Mater Dei Radio in Portland, OR is a not-for-profit radio apostolate that proclaims the Gospel and engenders a vibrant and expanding audience with a personal connection to Jesus Christ. Mater Dei Radio has a 25 year tradition of evangelization, music and devotional programs that touch the lives of thousands of listeners every week. Mater Dei Radio operates the two major Catholic radio stations in Oregon and Southwest Washington and is funded by the generosity of its listeners.
Reporting to the Board of Directors of Mater Dei Radio, the Executive Director has overall accountability for the leadership of Mater Dei Radio and successful execution of its Mission and Vision. Executive Director will be responsible for the strategic, fundraising, programming, financial and management operations of the station. The Executive Director will be the leader in communicating Mater Dei Radio’s mission and programming objectives to internal and external constituencies and will work collaboratively with the Board, staff and volunteers in raising funds, developing strategies and achieving performance standards.
Terri Schiavo Life & Hope Network
Founded in 2005, the Terri Schiavo Life & Hope Network is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization whose mission is to foster a Culture of Life by developing a national network of resources and support for the medically-dependent, persons with disabilities, and the incapacitated who are in or face potentially life-threatening situations.
Led by members of the Schindler family since its inception, the Terri Schiavo Life & Hope Network is seeking a full-time Executive Director. This role will work with the Board of Directors and President to refine the organization's mission while stabilizing its finances and operations with the goal of positioning the organization for further growth.
The Executive Director is the Chief Operating Officer of the Terri Schiavo Life & Hope Network. Reporting to the President, the Executive Director is responsible for helping to develop and plan the organization's strategic vision. Executive Director is then responsible for executing this vision and has overall operational responsibility for the Terri Schiavo Life & Hope Network's mission, administration, development, staff, programs, expansion. Day-to-day responsibilities include overseeing operations, programs, fundraising/development, marketing, communications, and outreach. Read more at: http://lifeandhope.com/job-opening/
Director of Youth Ministry
St. Norbert Parish, Paoli, PA
Dynamic, experienced youth minister in spirit of the "Joy of the Gospel" sought for St. Norbert Parish in Paoli, PA, suburb of Philadelphia. Person is expected to build and expand on a strong foundation of forming our middle and high school students as disciples of Jesus while drawing them into the life of our parish and fostering their spiritual growth. Evangelistic gift for attracting, recruiting, cultivating, and engaging adolescents in youth groups a must. Bachelor’s degree with a certificate in Youth Ministry or substantial experience required. Respond by July 22.
Catholics for the Common Good Institute
Catholics for the Common Good Institute, is seeking a skilled, entrepreneurial, creative, and energetic Catholic who is faithful to Church teaching, and has organizational management experience to organize and lead an effective high profile organization that seeks to "reintroduce" marriage to a culture who has forgotten its meaning and strives to evangelize the culture by helping people learn ways to promote marriage reality in their families and communities.It will be the responsibility of the Executive Director to implement the strategic direction as outlined by the Board of Directors through leading the day-to-day activities of the organization. This position reports directly to the Board. The Executive Director will receive guidance from the President, and the President will have editorial responsibility over all educational content and messaging.
Radio Producer & On-Air Talent
EWTN (Washington, D.C.)
TITLE: Radio Producer & On-Air Talent (Washington, D.C.)
LOCATION: Washington, D.C.
FLSA STATUS/TYPE: Exempt Salaried
GENERAL SUMMARY: The EWTN Producer & On-Air Talent is responsible for managing all aspects of the Morning Glory radio show ensuring that content meets EWTN broadcast standards. Develops program ideas consistent with the mission and collaborates with co-hosts and other content contributors. Responsibilities also include being a member of the on-air team.
- Produces all aspects of the radio morning show ensuring that all content meets EWTN broadcast standards:
- Manages the production of the morning show and all content including webcast.
- Works in collaboration with co-hosts and other content contributors, participates as a member of the on-air team.
- Manages rotating schedule of clergy and other on-air participants.
- Coordinates support staff; call screener, social media, guest bookings (DC & AL).
- Coordinates participation of EWTN global news and information assets.
- Signs off on in-show production, ensures recorded messaging is fresh and on target.
- Supports in production of news, sports, and weather segments.
- Takes the lead mapping future radio shows, prepares and writes materials (as needed).
- Keeps abreast of current affairs; religious, secular and pop culture.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience producing major market radio broadcasts or related experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Catholic Faith, the Magisterium, and how they relate to the programming goals of the network.
- Demonstrated leadership, ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Prompt and thorough with strong attention to detail and ability to follow through.
- Ability to collaborate well with others.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure, react quickly, meet tight deadlines, and provide solutions.
- Possess excellent writing skills, ability to generate prep materials and original ideas, and think creatively about how to communicate to audiences.
- Capacity to ID, troubleshoot & communicate technical & computer problems.
- Bachelor's Degree in Media or equivalent experience.
St. Benedict Elementary, Boston MA
A Classical Education
St. Benedict Elementary, an independent K-6 school in the classical Catholic tradition located 30 minutes west of Boston, is seeking to build its talented faculty for the 2014-15 academic year. Celebrating its inauguration in September 2013, SBE strives to cultivate intellectual and moral virtue in the pursuit of academic excellence, in a joyful and faithful Catholic environment. Visit www.stbenedictelementary.com to learn about our distinctive mission.