Looking for a new job? Our Job Directory is a great source for Catholic-friendly employment. If you’re an employer, posting a recruitment ad is easy! Simply click on “Submit a New Ad” above, and follow the instructions.
MISSION ORIENTED ORGANIZATION SEEKS EXECUTIVE
The Ladies of Charity, USA
The successful candidate will lead efforts to design and create
a national home care agency that will provide quality care
for persons requiring assistance in the home, and quality jobs
for care workers in accord with the values and resources of
The Ladies of Charity, USA. If you are excited by an
entrepreneurial challenge and have exceptional management,
administrative,interpersonal skills and 5 years of experience
in senior management in health care, preferably in a
home care start up, review the job description at:
One year contract, with possible extensions, salaried. Travel.
Main office in Kansas City, MO.
EWTN News, Inc.
LOCATION: Birmingham, AL
GENERAL SUMMARY: The EWTN Financial Manager is responsible for managing the financial operations of assigned EWTN entities. Works with the CFO and EWTN managers to develop effective financial processes and reports.
- Understand and promote the overall mission of EWTN and the specific mission of the Accounting Department.
- Manage the monthly close process for assigned EWTN entities including reviewing general ledger activity, producing financial statements, and analyzing variances from the budget and prior year.
- Assist department managers in preparing the annual budget.
- Maintain the integrity of the general ledger system and any systems that provide information which is input into the general ledger.
- Evaluate all systems used by assigned entities that provide financial information to determine that information is processed in the most efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Work closely with EWTN executives and department managers to learn about EWTN and to provide financial knowledge.
- Reconcile all balance sheet accounts quarterly.
- Supervise the accounts payable processing to ensure that all vendors are paid timely and correctly.
- Employ cash flow modeling to ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet operational requirements.
- Document all accounting processes.
- Prepare required information and documentation for the annual external audit.
- Assist the CFO to ensure timely completion of annual external audit; filing of all tax returns; and preparation of financial reports for Senior Management and the Board of Governors.
- Assist CFO with various projects as assigned.
- Promote a culture of integrity and disciplined stewardship regarding the use of financial resources entrusted to EWTN.
- Minimum of 5 years of prior accounting experience.
- Prior experience supervising personnel.
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Strong knowledge of internal control concepts and techniques, with sufficient awareness of the indicators of potential fraudulent activity.
- Ability to establish work priorities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing processes and recommending improvements.
- Team player.
- Flexibility on hours to complete task at hand
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Catholic faith and EWTN mission.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP, as well as proficiency using MS Office.
- Experience with not-for-profit-accounting.
- Experience with Concur expense reporting system.
- Ability to analyze financials and identify trends and areas for opportunity/ improvement.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in accounting, finance, or a related business field.
- CPA, CMA or related discipline certification.
Saint Patrick Catholic School
Saint Patrick Catholic Church and School in Fayetteville, NC, is seeking a new principal for the 2016-17 school year. Saint Patrick Catholic School is the oldest private school in the city of Fayetteville and celebrates 79 continuous years of providing a solid Catholic school education to thousands of children.
The successful candidate will be:
• A spiritual leader that fosters Catholic identity by actively participating in the faith life of the parish community and providing opportunities for faith development of the school and parish community.
• An instructional and academic leader that maintains a positive learning environment, encourages and supports the professional development of the faculty and staff, and guides teachers in reviewing the current curriculum and instructional methods.
• An administrator that works with the Pastor, church staff, and the school faculty and staff to develop and promote a positive vision for the school.
• An effective communicator who articulates the mission, philosophy and vision of the school to all constituents, and who builds community within the parish.
A successful candidate must:
• Be a practicing Catholic in good standing.
• Master’s Degree or higher in Education or closely related field.
• Hold or be eligible to obtain a NC Department of Public Instruction license.
• Five or more years of combined experience as a classroom teacher and school administrator, preferably in a K-8 private school setting.
• Strong communication and leadership skills with the ability to inspire a culture of teamwork.
Walla Walla Catholic Schools
Seeking Candidates qualified to teach English, Mathematics, History & Social Studies, Science, PE/Health, and Catholic Religion.
Promotes and nurtures the secondary level education of students by planning and tailoring courses of study; monitoring, assisting with, and correcting, academic efforts; providing a safe environment conducive to learning; keeping parents informed.
* Educates secondary level students by planning and developing course of study according to curriculum guidelines; school district and state requirements.
* Tailors course of study by developing modifications for several levels of academic ability and previous achievement.
* Develops and presents lesson plans by using a variety of techniques, including lectures, projects, exhibits, field trips, audiovisual and library resources, computers, and the internet.
* Monitors, assists, corrects, and grades student results by preparing assignments and tests for in-school preparation and homework; conducting standardized tests in accordance with district policies and state law.
* Maintains order in the classroom by counselling students with behavioral problems; consulting with other professionals where there appears to be evidence of learning disabilities, drug, or alcohol abuse, problems of social adjustment, or child abuse.
* Maintains safe, secure, and healthy educational environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
* Intercepts deterioration in achievement by counselling students with academic difficulties; drawing on the school system's resources for additional academic assistance.
* Keeps parents informed by maintaining records of academic performance, attendance, and social acclimation; reporting on all elements of student development at parent-teacher conferences, both regularly scheduled and as-needed.
* Helps students with career choices by developing curriculum plans in consultation with guidance counselors in "next-step" planning, whether work, technical school, college, or university.
* Provide student support services by monitoring halls, study periods, and lunchroom; sponsoring student organizations or activities.
* Updates job knowledge by attending faculty meetings; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Enhances school's reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Classroom Management, Verbal Communication, Resolving Conflict, Presentation Skills, Self-Motivated, Motivating Others, Listening, Collaborative Teaching - K-12, Deals with Uncertainty, Objectivity, Confidentiality
Development Officer, EWTN News
EWTN News, Inc.
LOCATION: Irondale, AL
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Development Officer is responsible for developing and implementing the development strategy for EWTN News. The Development Officer will be responsible for achieving the fundraising goals and engaging donors in EWTN News operations and projects. This includes leveraging key relationships and contacts to ensure meeting annual revenue goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Raise budgeted donor revenue.
- Develop/maintain EWTN News Case statement(s).
- Develop/facilitate major donor moves management process.
- Facilitate donor relationships with key EWTN news leaders.
- Meet with and/or facilitate meetings with prospective and current donors to secure donations and maintain existing relationships”
- Develop/maintain annual fund and other fund councils of benefactors committed to funding both short and long term needs.
- Maintain donor database.
- Develop and coordinate annual fundraising schedule.
- Write/edit fundraising letters and appeals.
- Ensure physical and digital appeals are executed in a timely manner.
- Increase donor commitment to EWTN News mission.
- Research, identify, and pursue foundations and related grants.
- Plan special events/donor cultivation opportunities.
- Create and mail invitations to events.
- Analysis of all efforts and appeals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in donor development.
- Practicing Catholic with demonstrated knowledge of the faith and EWTN’s mission.
- Existing knowledge and well networked within Catholic donor community.
- Knowledge of development/fundraising concepts and techniques – especially moves management.
- Knowledge of gift planning and procedures.
- Ability to solicit gifts.
- Proven track record of success in achieving goals and fundraising metrics.
- Experience in planning, leading, and managing development projects, including coordinating with peers to achieve desired outcomes, and tracking and reporting on progress to senior managers.
- Takes initiative and actively seeks to deepen current donor relationships and to forge new ones.
- Superior interpersonal/human relations skills.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with donors, volunteers, and development staff.
- Self-starter; ability to work independently.
- Ability to adapt and respond to various situations.
- Willingness and ability to travel and work a flexible schedule. Travel - minimal (up to 10 – 15%).
- Service oriented.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of research software and related donor databases (Raiser Edge, eTapestry, Donor Direct, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field, or demonstrated equivalent in work experience
Producer, White House (News Nightly, Washington D.C.)
EWTN News, Inc.
GENERAL SUMMARY: The News Nightly Producer works with the Chief White House Correspondent & Political Director to produce content for a dynamic newscast that engages our viewers. This includes coordinating creative and logistical aspects of daily news stories for viewers from a Catholic perspective.
- Produce news packages, voice overs and discussion segments with experts in studio.
- Identify original content stories/issues that would engage our audience.
- Communicate with Chief White House Correspondent, Senior Producer and Anchor about the focus and format of the stories.
- Write and edit scripts and work with editors to facilitate production.
- Manage field crews (reporters + photographers).
- Work with newsroom to identify and book guests for discussion segments.
- Communicate with production crew about executing the newscast.
- Review and pull video for stories (packages and VOs) and monitor AP wires.
- Communicate with the Political Director about the newscast’s content/production.
- Visualize and order graphics.
- Work out of studio office primarily and White House occasionally.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in TV broadcast news, producing newscasts in medium or large markets.
- Working knowledge of inner White House and Capitol Hill operations.
- Possess solid news judgement and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to visually and creatively tell a story and engage viewers using graphics and other elements.
- Experience utilizing broadcast software programs (i.e., iNews, AP ENPS).
- Excellent broadcast writing skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Collaborate easily within a team and also work well independently.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Catholic Faith and EWTN’s mission.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends/nights when required.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or relevant field of study
Director of Worship (full time)
St. Helen Catholic Church- Georgetown, TX
St. Helen aspires to be a parish in the New Evangelization that forms joyful disciples who know, love, and serve Jesus Christ and who live in faith through the Church He founded. Being a parish of the New Evangelization means for us that our Sunday experience and other liturgies are transforming encounters with Christ. We believe this is accomplished through the beauty and mystery of sacred worship, music that engages the soul, dynamic and relevant homilies, excellence and hospitable warmth in our liturgical ministers, and relational ministry.
We are looking for someone who is in love with their Catholic faith with a particular devotion to the Eucharist and Sacred Liturgy. We believe in exercising a dynamic orthodoxy, faithful to Church’s instruction, engaging and fervent, and in a manner that reaches the hearts of the faithful and the unchurched.
An important value of our parish staff is reliance on prayer, thus we begin each day of work in Eucharistic Adoration. We have been inspired by the Amazing Parish Conference (amazingparish.org), and the books Forming Intentional Disciples, Rebuilt, Divine Renovation, and Evangelii Gaudium. The position reports to the pastor.
The essential job duties include: collaborating with the pastor and core team; planning liturgies and assisting in the development of message series; overseeing and coordinating teams of liturgical ministers and hospitality ministries; forming/training liturgical ministers; liturgical planning of weddings and funerals; conducting rehearsals; writing general intercessions; and collaboration with the Director of Music, an administrative assistant, and other staff.
We’re looking for a “people person” with motivational leadership skills who is well-organized and can communicate effectively. He/she should have the ability to amiably coordinate and effectively lead teams of volunteers that speak English and Spanish. The candidate must have a flexibility and availability to be present on weekends and during other liturgical celebrations.
News Writer (News Nightly, Washington D.C.)
GENERAL SUMMARY: The News Writer will write clear, accurate broadcast copy based on AP wires and original sources on a strict deadline for our daily newscast. The News Writer will work closely with the associate producer and the Executive Producer. The News Writer may act as producer as necessary for segments.
- Write segments of the daily News Nightly newscast.
- Write promos and 1 minute TV news brief.
- Monitor AP wires and other sources.
- Pull video from AP, CNN, and original sources.
- Support Associate Producer & Executive Producer in writing assignments and other production tasks.
- May act as Fill-In Producer as necessary for segments; coordinating with other programming and production personnel.
- Fact checking as needed for stories.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3-5 years' experience newswriting in a medium to large market.
- Possess solid news judgement and excellent broadcast newswriting skills.
- Proficiency in desktop editing.
- Experience with ENPS or iNews/news gathering technologies.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate within team environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule when required.
- Strong knowledge of the Catholic Faith and EWTN's mission.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism or related field.
Planning Editor (News Nightly, Washington D.C.)
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Planning Editor will manage the News Nightly newsroom's calendar, research possible stories, and communicate with the producer about stories/guests that may be of interest to our audience. The Planning Editor will also book guests for discussion segments and coordinate with guests' staff/PR firms in a professional manner.
- Collaborate and communicate with others to achieve the best, relevant, compelling news content and presentation.
- Keep track of upcoming events, hearings, press conferences and seminars in the Washington, D.C. area that may make for compelling segments.
- Manage the calendar of stories that reporters are covering and map out future stories that ENN could cover.
- Communicate with the Producer about potential stories/events.
- Make contact with potential guests, PR firms and congressional staff in a professional manner.
- Book qualified guests and conduct telephone interviews.
- Accompany guests in and out of the News Nightly studio.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of professional newsroom experience.
- Excellent news judgment and communication skills.
- Superior organizational & time management skills.
- Solid understanding of the program's focus and guests/stories that would interest our audience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft products (Microsoft Office, Word) and A/P news software (ENPS preferred).
- Strong knowledge of the Catholic Faith and EWTN's mission.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule when necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism, Political Science or related field.
St. Benedict Elementary, Boston MA
A Classical Education
St. Benedict Elementary, an independent K-6 school in the classical Catholic tradition located 30 minutes west of Boston, is seeking to build its talented faculty for the 2014-15 academic year. Celebrating its inauguration in September 2013, SBE strives to cultivate intellectual and moral virtue in the pursuit of academic excellence, in a joyful and faithful Catholic environment. Visit www.stbenedictelementary.com to learn about our distinctive mission.