NCRegister.com Job Directory
Looking for a new job? Our Job Directory is a great source for Catholic-friendly employment. If you’re an employer, posting a recruitment ad is easy! Simply click on “Submit a New Ad” above, and follow the instructions.
Director- Office of Life, Charity and Justice
The Diocese of Austin
The Bishop is the visible principle and foundation of unity in the particular Church (the diocese) entrusted to him. In a unique and visible way, he makes Christ's mission present and enduring as Shepherd of the Christian Community. In order to fulfill his mission, the Bishop employs suitable, chosen collaborators (clerics, religious, or lay people). He shares with them the apostolic mission and entrusts various responsibilities to them.
Each position employed in the Diocese of Austin helps to extend the ministry of the Bishop in particular ways as outlined in the job description. Therefore, the employee in this position is closely connected to and assists the Bishop in the performance of his ministry and thereby engages in ministry for the church.
The Director of the Office of Life, Charity and Justice Office is responsible for connecting the diocese and its parishes with USCCB offices and other national programs concerned with social justice issues. The Director acts as the diocesan liaison to local social justice and charitable organizations of the Catholic and other faiths. The Director also supervises the work of the Criminal Justice Office, the Diocesan Mission Coordinator, the Office of Black Catholics, the Hispanic Ministry Office and sits on the Board of Catholic Charities of Central Texas (CCCTX). The Director reports to the Vicar General and operates under general supervision with wide latitude for the use of independent judgment and initiative.
Essential Job Duties:
- Brief the Bishop and other diocesan staff on Social Justice issues.
- Promote Catholic Social Teaching throughout the diocese.
- Serve on deacon formation and other diaconal committees as assigned.
- Coordinate the advocacy work of the diocese with the Texas Catholic Conference.
- Connect the work of USCCB offices and campaigns in the diocese and with parishes.
- Act as Diocesan director for CCHD and CRS, including supervision of CCHD interns.
- Serve as the diocesan liaison on local social justice and charitable organizations.
- Support the work of diocesan justice related committees, commissions and connect with lay ministry.
- Participate on Department leadership activities and support the work of the diocese as a whole.
- Supervise the work of the Diocesan Missions Coordinator and the Hispanic Ministry Office.
- Prepare and manage the Life, Charity and Justice Office budget.
- Oversee the work of the Criminal Justice Ministry and the Office of Black Catholics.
- Participate in the Charity and Justice department of the TCC as directed by the Bishop.
- Use effective and appropriate supervision and management techniques to maximize employee morale and effectiveness.
- Maintain a work schedule that maximizes reasonable availability to parishes, diocesan staff and other customers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Catholic theology, especially Catholic social doctrine and social ethics.
- Knowledge of and skill in interpreting and applying or parishes and Catholic parishioners relevant Papal and Episcopal social doctrine documents.
- Knowledge of and skill in using Catholic spirituality and principles of Spiritual Direction.
- Knowledge and understanding of the spirituality and role of deacons in the Catholic Church.
- Knowledge and understanding of basic advocacy skills and techniques.
- Knowledge of USCCB offices of Justice, Peace and Human Development, Migration and Refugee Services and CCHD and CRS.
- Skill in writing, public speaking and teaching adults.
- Ability to operate various word-processing software, spreadsheets, and database programs.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and work effectively with staff, clergy, religious and laity.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and utilize effective time management techniques.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to carry out multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to follow instructions furnished in verbal or written format.
- Ability to use effective supervision strategies and techniques with assigned staff.
- Education and Training:
- Bachelor's degree in theology, philosophy, pastoral studies, social work, social justice, or other liberal arts curriculum from an accredited American university or equivalent in a foreign country, or an ordained deacon or priest.
- Four (4) years of work experience that included adult education/formation in social ministry, working in collaborative ministry setting.
- Catholic Requirement:
- Must be a practicing Catholic in good standing.
- Valid Texas driver's license
- Must be certified in Diocese of Austin EIM within 60 days of employment, and maintain certification throughout the employment period.
Director of Discipleship
Prince of Peace Catholic Church
Prince of Peace Catholic Church in Ormond Beach, Florida is seeking a full time Director of Discipleship. Prince of Peace is a community of 2100 families located approximately 60 miles east of Orlando and just north of Daytona Beach. Responsibilities include overseeing all religious education and sacramental formation. Must be committed to our Catholic faith as set forth in the Catechism of the Catholic Church, and be a practicing Catholic in good standing. Appropriate academic credentials and related work experience desirable. Salary is negotiable, full benefits provided.
Vice President for External Affairs
Sacred Heart Seminary and School of Theology
The Vice President for External Affairs is a full time employee of Sacred Heart Seminary and School of Theology (SHSST) responsible for the promotion of the institution, recruitment of seminarians/students, and coordination of the admission process of the applicants. This position reports directly to the President-Rector, and supervises the Director of Communications, the Assistant to the Director of Communications and Recruitment, and the Administrative Assistant for Admissions. Excellent organization, communication and planning skills are required. A master degree level in communications or equivalent with experience in Catholic Church ministry, or a master degree level in Theology or equivalent with experience in communications is required. Ability to communicate in Spanish is preferable. Applicant must be a practicing Roman Catholic in good standing.
Human Resources Manager
EWTN Global Catholic Network
Want to make a difference using your God-given talent? EWTN Global Catholic Network is the largest religious media network in the world transmitting programming 24 hours a day to more than 230 million homes in 144 countries and territories.
The HR Manager will be responsible for assisting the VP of Human Resources in executing operational processes related to human resources activities in compliance with company policies and procedures, as well as with local laws and regulations. Supports the headquarters and field personnel in the areas of talent acquisition, workforce planning, employee relations, performance management, talent development, salary administration and other initiatives to increase organizational effectiveness and foster a positive work environment.
- Works with the VP of HR to foster a positive work environment that reflects the values of EWTN and inspires high performance, engagement and collaboration.
- Interacts with managers and employees on employment related issues, providing coaching and guidance to facilitate positive outcomes while mitigating legal risks.
- Assists in the design, planning and implementation of policies and programs. Continually reviews and recommends improvements to processes for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Effectively manages change in the organization aligned with the network mission.
- Implements performance management initiatives and provides guidance on talent development.
- Talent Acquisition: Collaborates with hiring managers to determine needs, review job descriptions, outline success profiles and determine recruiting strategy. Sources candidates through a variety of mediums including internet, referrals, networking, colleges, etc. Screens, evaluates and interviews applicants. Develops candidate evaluation forms and obtains feedback from interviewers. Trains and coaches managers on recruiting and hiring practices.
- Supervises Benefit Specialist to ensure compliance with all laws and a high level of service to support the organization. Works with Payroll & Benefits staff to facilitate leave of absences and ensure compliance with FMLA.
- Participates and leads HR team initiatives and other duties as assigned.
- Travels to field offices as necessary (minimal).
- Education: Undergraduate degree in Human Resources, Psychology, Business, or related field. PHR/SPHR certification preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience in HR at the Generalist/Manager level with proven ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Must be well versed in employment laws and regulations.
- Strong relationship building skills with the ability to inspire confidence and trust.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer service orientation and strong problem-solving skills. Ability to handle difficult situations in a calm and professional manner.
- A high level of integrity with attention and care given to confidentiality.
- Experience with current recruiting strategies and tools, i.e. LinkedIn, social media tools, job boards, etc.
- Conversant in principles of performance management and progressive discipline.
- A team player and true business partner with all levels in the organization.
- Positive, highly motivated and organized individual with good time management skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point) and knowledge of HRIS systems (ADP preferred).
- Ability to travel (approximately 15%)
- Practicing Catholic with commitment to the mission of Eternal Word Television Network (EWTN).
- 5 - 7 years of progressive experience in Human Resources, including supervisory experience, and experience in non-profit helpful.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working with ADP HRIS.
- Bilingual (Spanish) would be helpful, but not required.
Vice President of Enrollment Management
Walsh University seeks Vice President of Enrollment Management
Walsh University in North Canton, Ohio, a 3,000 student committed Catholic University, seeks a Vice President of Enrollment Management. This person will oversee undergraduate, graduate, and adult admissions operations, as well as financial aid.
Though Walsh University is about 60% Catholic, the mission and vision are the pivotal elements of this Newman Society sanctioned university. Faithfulness to our Catholic identity is a dominant branding factor. It is the only four-year Catholic university in the Northeast Ohio-Youngstown diocese.
The successful candidate needs a M.A., must have at least 3 years of higher education admissions experience, and must be a practicing Catholic. This position is seen as crucial to the legacy and identity of Walsh. Though inviting and welcoming to all, the Catholic culture prevails.
Associate Producer / The World Over
EWTN, Washington DC
TITLE: Associate Producer / The World Over
REPORTS TO: Senior Producer
LOCATION: Washington, D.C.
FLSA STATUS/TYPE: Full Time Exempt
GENERAL SUMMARY: A motivated, sharp thinker who can work with the Executive and Senior Producers to frame segments and shape the content of the overall show. Candidates should have strong news judgment, broadcast news experience, an understanding of the EWTN audience, and superior communication skills.
- Booking top flight culture and news makers for the weekly program.
- Identifying original research and assembling packets for guest segments. Each packet includes: a basic guest bio, guest's point of view, data pertinent to the discussion, and any articles that shed light on a particular topic to be raised.
- Pulling video for segment roll-ins that would further the conversation or raise key questions.
- Alerting Senior Producer and EP to upcoming events, hearings, press conferences, and symposia that might make for compelling segments.
- Works with Birmingham based Producer on overall program production related activities associated with proper completion of the production or series
- Supports Producer in coordinating schedule with talent and all transportation and housing requirements
- Secures performance releases and copyright clearances as required by that specific production
- Maintains information files and assists Producer with segment and program by providing information to Programming and Marketing Departments as required
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in broadcast/cable TV production/programming or a related visual arts field.
- Demonstrated leadership.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Strong attention to detail and follow through
- Ability to travel and work a flexible schedule when required.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Catholic Faith, the Magisterium, and how they relate to the programming goals of the network.
- Affinity for the mission of Eternal Word Television Network (EWTN).
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or equivalent.
Company benefits include holidays, health and dental insurance, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, flexible benefit plan, voluntary life plan, voluntary vision plan and 403(b) with company match.
St. Benedict Elementary, Boston MA
A Classical Education
St. Benedict Elementary, an independent K-6 school in the classical Catholic tradition located 30 minutes west of Boston, is seeking to build its talented faculty for the 2014-15 academic year. Celebrating its inauguration in September 2013, SBE strives to cultivate intellectual and moral virtue in the pursuit of academic excellence, in a joyful and faithful Catholic environment. Visit www.stbenedictelementary.com to learn about our distinctive mission.