Looking for a new job? Our Job Directory is a great source for Catholic-friendly employment. If you’re an employer, posting a recruitment ad is easy! Simply click on “Submit a New Ad” above, and follow the instructions.
Christ the King Catholic Church, Ann Arbor, MI
Christ the King Catholic Church in Ann Arbor is seeking a faithful Catholic who loves the Lord and His Church with a desire to use his or her gifts to advance the Gospel to serve as the Parish Business/Operations Manager.
General Description: This person will be an experienced business-oriented leader supporting the Pastor and the Leadership Team through effective administration of the business of the parish in support of the parish core values, vision and mission. While a finance or accounting degree is not required, this person should possess significant experience in business administration, human resources, communications, and day-to-day administration and organization of staffs. Responsible for budget development and finances of the Parish, supervision and hiring of support staff, maintenance and janitorial staff, communications, facilities, fundraising and stewardship programs.
A. Financial Management & Stewardship
1. Prepares a yearly budget in consultation with the Leadership Team and the Parish Finance Council.
2. Monitors budgetary compliance of all departments
3. Manages all banking activities including the accounting and banking of Sunday collections, special collections and other donations, including those through electronic media. Ensures timely payments and deposits. Supervises day-to-day financial matters.
4. Ensures the preparation of all accounting, budgetary, physical, and statistical records for the parish and for the Diocese of Lansing. Responsible for parish payroll administration.
5. Ensures the filing of all required federal state and diocesan reports.
6. Reviews and monitors service contract suppliers and vendors for fair pricing, competitive bidding and contract compliance.
7. Serves as the staff liaison to the Parish Finance Council.
8. Develops and implements, in collaboration with the Leadership Team/Pastor, key staff members, the Parish Council, and appropriate Commissions, diocesan and parish capital funding initiatives. Develops and implements strategies to increase operating income as needed to sufficiently fund the parish strategic plan.
Facilities, Staffing, and General Management
1. Under the guidance of the Leadership Team/Pastor, manages day-to-day operations of the parish.
2. Oversees the management of parish facilities, including scheduling, collecting rents/fees, assessing risk, maintaining appropriate insurance coverage, etc.
3. Responsible for all aspects of the care, maintenance/replacement of all parish buildings and equipment, including the securing of bids, negotiating contracts and the purchasing of supplies and equipment. Monitors and ensures that all contractors/suppliers and vendors are performing to the terms of the respective contract.
4. Hires, trains, and supervises all facility maintenance, front office staff and bookkeeping/payroll personnel. Maintains the personnel records of all employees, develops job descriptions as needed, develops and recommends employee salary benefits. Develops and recommends to the Leadership Team/Pastor and other appropriate parish staff individuals, the necessary policies, methods and procedures needed for carrying out financial, accounting and other administrative services.
5. Serves as the parish Safe Environment Coordinator.
6. Develops and maintains the computer assets of the parish, including the network and parish webpage.
7. Ensures that the parish staff activities and use of resources align with the vision and strategic plan that has been adopted for the parish.
8. Develops key performance indicators and targets to track progress on parish strategic planning goals.
9. Performs other duties as required by the Leadership Team/Pastor.
1. Ensure the timely and professional communication of events, activities and other importance information to the Leadership Team/Pastor, staffs and commissions, and to the parish.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Education: While an accounting or finance degree is not mandatory, the individual should have a degree in an appropriate business discipline and be able to read and understand financial statements and be able to oversee and direct accounting personnel.
Experience: Two years minimum, as a business manager, or equivalent, with an understanding of the structure of parish/diocesan organization.
Experience with computer based accounting and business management tools required and familiarity with ParishSoft, while not required, would be a plus.
Universal Chastity Education
Universal Chastity Education – Southern Colorado
Universal Chastity Education (UCE) has a full time position available for a USA Director. This position plays a key role in overall administration, donor development, and program oversight for our growing, dynamic apostolate. This position reports to the Board of Directors. Key responsibilities include: developing and expanding the donor base and fundraising, coordination of USA activities with foreign program activities, and:
• Setting up speaking engagements with local churches/organizations to inform and secure financial support of UCE
• Organizing and carrying out USA chastity activities and fundraising events
• Working with UCE Africa Director to develop an annual budget for review and approval by the Board;
• Overall financial reporting oversight
• Preparing the UCE annual report for use by donors and grantors
• Writing news articles and stories on program activities, assisting with Facebook and website maintenance
• Overseeing annual Form 990 and other compliance forms
• Sending outreach reports to donors who have donated $250 or more
• Maintaining UCE donor database, communicating with donors
• Identifying funding sources and new donors, and preparing grant requests
• Compiling and sending out a quarterly UCE newsletter
• Purchasing of necessary equipment for teams
• Prepare all materials for UCE (brochures, business cards, pamphlets, flyers, etc)
• Host a UCE exhibit booth at conferences and events
• Ability, willingness and flexibility to learn new skills, to take on new responsibilities on the fly, and to thrive in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
• Chaste, practicing Christian—submit personal testimony with resume
• Bachelor Degree
• Previous experience in a nonprofit program and/or administrative management
• Preferably experience with foreign NPO/NGO organizations
• Preferably experience in chastity training/education, theology of the body, similar ministries
• Skilled in Microsoft Office suite—Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
• Good English communication skills—written and oral
• Willing to travel internationally for periods of up to two weeks or more at a time two or more times a year
Compensation and Benefits
• Salary DOE
• ONLY APPLICANTS RESIDING WITHIN A REASONABLE COMMUTING DISTANCE TO PUEBLO, CO, WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.
Please send cover letter, personal testimony, and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Saint Patrick Catholic School
Saint Patrick Catholic Church and School in Fayetteville, NC, is seeking a new principal for the 2016-17 school year. Saint Patrick Catholic School is the oldest private school in the city of Fayetteville and celebrates 79 continuous years of providing a solid Catholic school education to thousands of children.
The successful candidate will be:
• A spiritual leader that fosters Catholic identity by actively participating in the faith life of the parish community and providing opportunities for faith development of the school and parish community.
• An instructional and academic leader that maintains a positive learning environment, encourages and supports the professional development of the faculty and staff, and guides teachers in reviewing the current curriculum and instructional methods.
• An administrator that works with the Pastor, church staff, and the school faculty and staff to develop and promote a positive vision for the school.
• An effective communicator who articulates the mission, philosophy and vision of the school to all constituents, and who builds community within the parish.
A successful candidate must:
• Be a practicing Catholic in good standing.
• Master’s Degree or higher in Education or closely related field.
• Hold or be eligible to obtain a NC Department of Public Instruction license.
• Five or more years of combined experience as a classroom teacher and school administrator, preferably in a K-8 private school setting.
• Strong communication and leadership skills with the ability to inspire a culture of teamwork.
Planning Editor (News Nightly, Washington D.C.)
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Planning Editor will manage the News Nightly newsroom's calendar, research possible stories, and communicate with the producer about stories/guests that may be of interest to our audience. The Planning Editor will also book guests for discussion segments and coordinate with guests' staff/PR firms in a professional manner.
- Collaborate and communicate with others to achieve the best, relevant, compelling news content and presentation.
- Keep track of upcoming events, hearings, press conferences and seminars in the Washington, D.C. area that may make for compelling segments.
- Manage the calendar of stories that reporters are covering and map out future stories that ENN could cover.
- Communicate with the Producer about potential stories/events.
- Make contact with potential guests, PR firms and congressional staff in a professional manner.
- Book qualified guests and conduct telephone interviews.
- Accompany guests in and out of the News Nightly studio.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of professional newsroom experience.
- Excellent news judgment and communication skills.
- Superior organizational & time management skills.
- Solid understanding of the program's focus and guests/stories that would interest our audience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft products (Microsoft Office, Word) and A/P news software (ENPS preferred).
- Strong knowledge of the Catholic Faith and EWTN's mission.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule when necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism, Political Science or related field.
St. Benedict Elementary, Boston MA
A Classical Education
St. Benedict Elementary, an independent K-6 school in the classical Catholic tradition located 30 minutes west of Boston, is seeking to build its talented faculty for the 2014-15 academic year. Celebrating its inauguration in September 2013, SBE strives to cultivate intellectual and moral virtue in the pursuit of academic excellence, in a joyful and faithful Catholic environment. Visit www.stbenedictelementary.com to learn about our distinctive mission.