Print Ad Specifications
File Submission & Filenames:
- Please email files to: email@example.com
- Send all artwork as email attachments rather than embedded images in the body of the email.
- Please do not send zip files. Our email system may strip them out as suspected malware.
- File Naming Convention: Please include your company name, ad title, and version (if any) in the filename of your submitted artwork in the format:
Note that generically named files (examples: NCR_4x4.pdf, NCR-Ad.pdf) may cause delays in your campaign.
Print Ads (National Catholic Register):
- File Type: All ads should be sent in PDF/X-1a:2001 format.
- All fonts and images must be embedded.
- Flatten Transparent Objects: Flattening your ad is a very important as the appearance of an object can change when it is flattened. For example, multi layered transparent objects can flatten into muddy or less contrasting colors.
- Resolution: All images in the file should be 300dpi for newsprint. Images from the web are usually 72dpi, and are not acceptable for print ads.
- If borders, boxes, or lines are needed around your ad, you must include them in the artwork within the confines of the ad size (inside border). Artwork will be printed exactly as received.
- Please do not include crop marks, bleed marks or registration marks.
Color Print Ads:
- CMYK color: Convert all Spot colors, RGB and LAB objects to CMYK.
- All black text should be 100% Black and not a 4 color (process) black.
B&W Print Ads
- B&W - Convert all Spot colors, RGB, CMYK and LAB objects to Grayscale.